Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / do you need al of this????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
do you need all those other programes to make a good game? That is so much money.
PoHa!84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 19:48
need them? Not neccesarily. If you wanted to create your own unique media (3d models, textures, etc...) then you could buy their stuff, or you could use other programs. You can make a great game useing the provided media, but you might come across another game that uses your main character model as the main baddie...

So no, you don't have to buy everything. I'm using Dark Basic. I WISH I had Dark Basic pro, but for now, Dark Basic gets the job done...

Destroy you with my mind, I could!
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 21:32
there are also many free peices of software available for download that get the job done nearly as good as the mega expensive ones.

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 20:26
DoGA CGA, Metasequoia, GUB, and Pixia are some of my favorite freebies for game dev.
--
TAZ
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 20:39
I you DBPro to make games.

The other packages allow you to create media to go with them - they are not necessary.

It's like asking do you have to buy Flash to make a web page

c:/dos
c:/dos run
run dos run

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 03:55:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 03:55:03