Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] GRU Speznaz- Infiltration [level design compo entry]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 16:35 Edited at: 12th Nov 2010 22:19
GRU SPETSNAZ- INFILTRATION [level design compo entry]

Developer: assaam

Built with [X9], but will probably be changed to PB later on.

30. September 2010, 10:15; I have been sent to Siberia to infiltrate the Headquarter of Russian arms dealers. A meeting with Zorn Gottes, a religious paramilitary Group from Europe, has been set for 13:00. Until then, I need to collect sufficient evidence to justify a military strike against the base and the prosecution of everyone involved in the deal.

I am Dimitri Wolkow, an agent of the GRU Spetsnaz, with a simple mission: find the culprits and hunt them down- it’s just that the hunting methods have changed over the centuries…

Required Screenie:

And a few more:

What you get:
The game will consist of 5 levels and is basically what you get if you take the typical Setting of Modern warfare, the different tasks and dramaturgy from splinter cell and let the player decide which way he wants to solve the given task ala Hitman: Blood money.
Did I say Hitman? Yep, I did. If everything works out as I planned it, then you will have at least 4 different approaches to solve the given Tasks without having to kill anyone.

Even if this is a huge ****load of work to do, I’m pretty sure that it will pay off and everyone is going to have a nice time playing it.

What I want: lots of (hopefully positive) critiques that enable me to improve my design and lightning till February.

Credits: since I use a lot of free Media from the Forums, it will take its time till I have a complete list of people I want to thank, if I forgot someone, please send me a pm and I will sort it out

Thanks to:
Kravenwolf
Dr. Parsnips
CG Textures
Cosmic Prophet
Rolfy
Bond 1
Doomster

Well, that‘s it for now and stay tuned,
Daniel

it's not metal just because it sounds like explosive diarrhea.
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 16:44
Quote: "SPETSNAZ"

assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 16:47
Thanks for that

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 16:52
No worries . Just a few tips if you want to get all perfectionist for this one.

The windows on the 7th screenshot look misplaced.Raise them a bit higher (and probably scale a bit down,because they'll hit the roof).

Same thing with the upper 2 screens.They need a frame to make it look more natural

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
wow outstanding level design

Hello
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good.

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
RAXMUX Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2010 15:41
Reminds me of Butcher Bay

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2010 16:46
Inevitable Black Ops Fan Game.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2010 19:50
Quote: "Inevitable Black Ops Fan Game."

But a rather nice looking one at that.

I agree that you need to have a look at the placement of some of your windows again (especially 6/7). It's also a little odd that all of the ceiling lights are off while the wall lights are all lit. Perhaps illuminate one of two but with flickering lights instead of static ones.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 21:39
Very nice looking comrade! keep it up!

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 22:19
Wow, thanks for the help fellas, it might take its time but i'm going to correct these mistakes.
@ Coffee Grunt: i have not bought Black Ops yet, but i'm dying to lay my hands on this game, maybe i will buy it in the next time.

Well, that's it for today and stay tuned,

Daniel

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 22:30
Aaah! I see some creativity here!

You have some serious potential, dude! Keep it going.

P.S: Do we know each other from the former german boards? I remember someone with your username

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 23:39 Edited at: 12th Nov 2010 23:41
Yes, we've started with FPSC around the same tim eand it's been a long time- i simply did not feel the urge to post something until now,but i've been around since then.
And it's a shame that you did not finish M.I.A. or G.T.F.O., your work is better designed now, but your old games had a touch that your current work, altough better looking, cannot keep up with(hey, ich meins ernst, ich mochte die dunkle Stimmung mehr als die jetzige ). Whatever, nice to hear from you and greetings from Austria,

Daniel

kitty101
Years of Service
User Offline
awesome

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2010 01:13 Edited at: 18th Nov 2010 01:14
Quote: "Inevitable Black Ops Fan Game."

Problem Cofee Grunt? I kid I kid.

This looks pretty cool, you going to make some video to show it off?

Does it sound like i'm ordering a pizza!!??
assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2010 13:26 Edited at: 18th Nov 2010 13:27
No, there will be no video of it, but instead you will get a complete Guide that basically enables you to rebuild this game,it contains Background stories, character sheets and pretty much everything that has gone into the development of this game including explanations of the lightning techniques, scripts and everything that was necessary to set up the gameplay. This should make things a lot easier for beginners and forces me to document the game development in a proper way, altough now it`s only ten pages and one level.

There will be an Screenie and story/gameplay update when i feel that i got something that is worth showing, i hope you can wait until then.

stay tuned,
Daniel

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2010 17:43
Looking quite good! It seems I have to work really hard with my game to even get to the top 3 in the competition

Some crits:

Are those orange things windows or lamps? Because if they are windows, they look really unrealistic because of the some sort of flatness. They just look like panels which makes me want to believe that they are lamps.

The other crit is really up to persons opinion but I'd change the lamps from the bathrooms. They just look out of place. Try some halogen lamps.

Okay, nuttin' more. Juzi out

Deflate the mystery of living in the most heartless fashion I could ever imagine. No pretense of decor.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2010 22:52
Awsome looking game!

Srry about my english im from sweeden
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 22:11
How about posting some of your great screen shots into the TGC Gallery?

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 17:41 Edited at: 25th Nov 2010 17:46
Hi folks, i thought it was time for a little update, here are a few screenies from lvl 1. The final game will have 4 to 5 levels. I worked on the window thing and altough it is far from perfect, you can recognize it as window (at least ingame). The level itself has undergone a few major changes, which simply fits the gameplay better, but enough talk- here are a few screenies:

updated infirmary:

mensa:

random corridor:

Staircase:

Here is a little Background information on the fictional fractions that play a major role in the game, Information on GRU, Spetsnaz, Echolon and NSA can be found on wikipedia

Russian Arms dealers (Remnants): (fictional)
The Russian arms dealers are remnants of the Red army, there have been a lot of soldiers who could not bear with the fact that the war is over and so they stayed in the underground, hiring members and making Business by selling a huge stockpile of old and new weapons they could acquire, until the day comes when they will be fighting again.

Zorn Gottes: (fictional)
Zorn Gottes (Wrath of God) is a religious European mercenary group, who believes that it is their task is “to purge the world of the unclean”. They believe that anyone who is not of Christian belief is unclean and has to be sent to hell. Until recently, they earned their money by doing mercenaries work, but now they are showing signs of doing the next step in their so called “holy mission”, wreaking havoc on everyone who does not share their belief.

Thanks for all the comments, you helped me a lot and i hope you continue with all the comments and crits.
(damn, just noticed that in the staircasescreenie the pipes were cut off, i'm going to change that right now)

@RickV: Sure thing, i'll be happy to do that.

stay tuned,
Daniel

Israeli self defense? Isn't that Jew-do?
Ein Metaller friert nicht,
er zittert vor Wut weil es nicht kälter ist!
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 18:28
Looks great Assaam, it's a huge improvement over the previous screens. The windows look much better now with indents/rims etc. I'd say that in screenshot 4 the slanted windows to the right need a rim below them, but other than that, great job.

I especially like screen 8 - It's the little bit of colour that the green exit sign adds that really makes it. It's a great contrast to the bleak lighting of the building. I'd like to see you use more lights like this to add a bit more colour to the levels.
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 23:18
I love it! Reminds me of MGS3's Groznyj Grad, this has a same feel to it.
kitty101
Years of Service
User Offline
i came all over my monitors

Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 00:35
Quote: "kitty101"

Looks really good... painfuly good!

kitty101