Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Setting up the Dark GDK for Visual 2010 + Directx SDK June 2010

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've used the 2008 visual and the old SDK but my on my older computer.Due to improbability of installing 2007 SDk on my brand new laptop I need to use Visual 2010 and the the June 2010 SDK.But I find it impossible to set everything rigth.
Can U tell me step by step what I need to install because more than 4 hours I'm trying to make it compile the code but it apperantly don't like it and I want to write code not to waste time in installations
tnx in advance and pls do not close the tread or at least tell me about it
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2010 11:53 Edited at: 13th Nov 2010 11:59
OK since nobody else replied for several days, it seems I have to:

First, Dark GDK releases before the latest update do not support Visual Studio 2010. We have an "October 26 update" which contains libraries compiled for VS 2010 here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=177126&b=22

This release is very new (meaning that problems cannot be excluded), but you can try if it works for you.

Second, the Dark GDK official release does not support newer DirectX SDK so don't even try, it won't work without major tweaking. For your info, there is no problem with installing the old SDK on a brand new laptop. I installed it on 64-bit Windows 7 version and it works normally.

If you insist on the VS 2010 + new SDK combination, you can try the tricks posted by forum members. N3wton recently posted installation instructions and even recompiled Dark GDK libraries for this combo, which you could have found with some forum search:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=176637&b=22

There were earlier threads about tweaking Dark GDK to work together with newer SDKs but I think you should refer to the latest solution.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-30 10:37:11
Your offset time is: 2024-06-30 10:37:11