Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Holidays to the axis of evil

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 01:09
I saw the series on BBC a while ago. It was a great programme to watch!

Basically, a guy got a tourist visa and visited each axis of evil country, and filmed it.

Incredible interesting reading: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/features/axis.shtml

c:/dos
c:/dos run
run dos run
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 01:48 Edited at: 4th Oct 2003 01:53
Edit-- Removing statements to avoid adding fuel to the fire.

This is an incredibly volatile political topic and I don't think it's at all wise to bring up.

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 01:59
I was not talking about the political bits, just the sheer amusement value of the program as a whole.
It's not often you see people going to these places.

That's why I like watching travel programmes on eastern europe, because they're underrated countries that nobody knows about

Nowhere did I flame any political beliefs / decisions etc. it's just a guy going to countries anbd reporting what he finds!

run dos run
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 02:15
You didn't, but the journalist certainly states a very specific mindset on those matters. He's not reporting what he finds, he's reporting his opinion on the things he sees-- big difference.

A very nice %it, indeed.
Dr OcCuLt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 02:44
i watch one of the shows were some guy whent to the STANS ( like uzbekistan ) and it was very good lot of good reporting on what going on there.

as for
Quote: "but the journalist certainly states a very specific mindset on those matters. He's not reporting what he finds, he's reporting his opinion on the things he sees"

you live in United States have you not see fox news thay always say what thay what you to think thay never look at whats going and saying it my be this or it my be that? be all journal is like is so i think you gut need to live the face that you have to think about what you see on TV

--Dr 0--
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 14:26
I don't want to start any flamewar but I have Sky and we get FOX news - I agree with dr. occult.

Anyway I just had a look at the map and I found two new countries i'd never seen before: Tadhikistan and Kirgizistan. And I thought I knew all of these places :/ you learn something new every day!

run dos run
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 21:37
'you live in United States have you not see fox news thay always say what thay what you to think thay never look at whats going and saying it my be this or it my be that'

Eh... so... what? So the main news agency around here is biased, that means I'm not allowed to say that other reporters are also biased? That's nonsense...

A very nice %it, indeed.
Evil Noodle
Years of Service
User Offline
for godsake stop your moaning
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 21:59
Quote: "Eh... so... what? So the main news agency around here is biased, that means I'm not allowed to say that other reporters are also biased? That's nonsense..."

Did you actually even see the programs in question? I saw a few of them and can't work out what bias you are talking about.

Anyway they where very intresting programs that enabled you to see parts of the world that would be too dangerious and too much trouble to see any other way.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 22:01
Anyway they where very intresting programs that enabled you to see parts of the world that would be too dangerious and too much trouble to see any other way.

I agree that's why I posted this.

run dos run
Yarbles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 22:05
That's funny because I've been taking a holiday in AXES of Evil for over two years now.

Soon you can all join me! Bwahahahahah!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 22:18
i agree with David on this one... it isn't often you see these countries without some kinda of "ultimate horror" story following it on the news.

the beauty of the online versions is so you don't have to listen to the mindless one-sided drivel from the reporters and just see what these places are actually like.

they do have a certain glow to them

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2003 13:23
I agree I like little, smal, unknown countries

run dos run

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 14:30:28