Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / MSN Email Checker - Another DDS Release (requested)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 02:19
OK.

Seems the yahoo email checker was a bit of a success. Sombody liked it. However the general comment was that you should do one for HOTMAIL which i couldnt see why you would want that because MSN does actually come with that feature. However it seems the reason is because some people access it via outlook express and dont have MSN. So it would seem that people are wanting this.
So 2 hours after seeing the request i decided to move my arse and change 2 lines of code, 15 icons, 2 install pakages and 1 Readme file in order to bring you the MSN email checker. (It actually took me 15 minutes to do but coursework had a priority)

Usual stuff applies, its free but please email me if you download it or like it or hate it or even look at the link to download (it just keeps me informed on whats going out my web site and whats not you dont have to give me your life story. Just a blank email with I downloaded MSN Email checker would do

Its 1 file again. heres the direct link.
http://darkdayssoftware.250free.com/downloads/Software/MSN/Setup.exe
Please note that this program does require access to the internet (obviously) and as i am not a listed company when it comes to firewalls, your firewall will auto select BLOCK. If you want to use it you must click PERMIT. if you dont you will just get a page cannot be displayed error. The fastest way to access your imbox from this program is to type in your password the first time and check the Save password box. This creates the usual cookie on your comptuer making the access faster and un interupted (it will jump straight to your box in future rather than the password box)

Please note. Dark Days Software has no connections to Microsoft MSN or any of its associates. The cookie the save password is not done via the program and is done via the MSN Login web page. (Its as secure as they make it) Making Key Logging ALMOST impossible.

Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 02:24
oh a point to make.

This software will not tell you when you recieve an email. It just serves as a short cut to the inbox page. When its run it outputs a systray icon. when you click this icon it starts flashing. When your inbox page has loaded, you will see the main applicaiton window appear with the web page full yloaded on it. YOu can the navigate around in it (i made it mainly for 56k's but broadband's may find a use for it)

Rknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2003 06:46
Cool.

Downloaded and cool.

Domo arigato.
Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2003 18:28

The following threads and their accompanying sound tracks are protected by copyright and any broadcast public diffusion, copying and edditing are etc... etc.. you may not complain about my Typo's

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:48:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:48:31