Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What am i doing????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, im new to DBpro. I have absolutely no experience with coding whatsoever and the free tutorials seem not to account for people like me. Can anyone help?
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 04:08
Free tutorials? I'm not aware of any that cost $$$

Did you look here?
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=115633&b=7

Frankly, if you have truly gone through these tutorials and still are having great difficulty grasping programming in Dark Basic Pro, then maybe using a computer language is not the best choice for you. Perhaps Game Maker8 or something similar would be a better choice.

Good luck either way.

Slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2010 09:24
Start simple, think about just moving a box, ok so then learn to load an object/make an object box, then learn to move that object.... look at the rez if you want it better then change it.... think simple. It will take some time for you to began doing complex coding and believe me even complex in time becomes simple and all you want to do is learn more and more. Its all done little by little.

I dont know how to spell
Shadow Legacy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 17:52
everyone learns at different rates, heres what I did to get to the point I'm at (total noob but able to do basic stuff)

1. do this tutorial,
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153346&b=7
and write everything yourself, you need to do this entire tutorial and write the code yourself, that way you'll learn it easier and it will stick quicker.

2. save the code and add to it until you can't think of anything else to add, when you've got to that point save it, and do something really basic, or take a look around the forums at peoples problems and try to see their mistakes, after a while you'll think of something else to add to it.

some ideas are-

I'm at the stage where I've added a main menu, some credits, music and a few pictures, and I'm trying to add some little features, I keep getting stuck but this forum is great, so just post the code you've got so far and ask for help when you're in need of it.

I'll make sure to help you when I learn more, until then try looking at my questions thread, it may help you
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=178026&b=7

good luck

if all life can be generated even in todays games,
then what hope is their for us? for we are obsolete
Skype = Shadow-Legacy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:31:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:31:30