Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [DirectX 9] Memory Leaks...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, all in the forum, i wasn't to sure where to post this but its sort of related to GDK,

im playing around with Direct X 9 and testing my functions to GDK in performance wise and such.

but i've come across a problem, im working on sprites at the moments and i've been able to, load, draw but not able to safely unload/release it when im done.

below i've provided the destroy code, sprites structure and error code. if you can point out what im doing wrong and suggest a better way it would be help full.

Code For Releasing The Sprites

Sprites structure

Errors

i cant work out what u've done wrong. i get errors like the one above but more, that was a sample above. can anyone point out to me what im doing wrong?

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2010 00:00
There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your code as such, but there could be something missing - copy constructor and assignment operators for sSprites.

Missing those out could (if you copy sSprites objects) cause double (or more) releases of the DirectX objects.

Utility plug-ins (26-JUL-2010)
I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the wait, been out hiking,

heres the constructor and deconstructor code

if this is not a problem then ill show you my sprites class header and source.

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-30 10:23:48
Your offset time is: 2024-06-30 10:23:48