Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / PureGDK 2.0 Beta - Please report all bugs here

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2010 16:35 Edited at: 18th Nov 2010 20:03
Please report bugs for PureGDK 2.0 here.

Please include the following information when reporting "mysterious crashes" and other unusual or unknown behavior:

Your operating system (32-bit, 64-bit?)
Your operating system language (US, FR/CND, JP, etc)
Your processor, processor speed, and number of cores
Your video card make/model
DirectX version (see dxdiag)
PureBasic version (if you're using PureBasic)

I don't need to know your computer's history if you're only reporting a typo.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
I just tested all of the supplied example files and must admit that it works smoothly except for the Fire demo which crashes upon exit and D3D Callbacks example with a missing command (which is OK based upon your note in the other thread).

The performance is a bit below the average but I guess this will be fixed when you add an option to disable thread support.

Well done!
I hope that we can help you to finish it.

Cheers

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, DBPro 7.5 + PureGDK 2.0b
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2010 22:13 Edited at: 18th Nov 2010 22:14
Quote: "Please provide the information listed in the first post if you're experiencing a crash."

Your operating system: Windows Vista 32-bit
Your operating system language: US English
Your processor, processor speed, and number of cores: Dual core 2.2 Ghz
Your video card make/model: GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB
DirectX version: 10.0
PureBasic version: 4.51

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, DBPro 7.5 + PureGDK 2.0b
DazzaB73
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Mistrel

I am having a bit of trouble getting the examples to run. Whenever I try to run the examples, I get an "Unable to load engine core" message box.

The PB compiler then goes to line 446 of the include file, h.lib-puregdk.pb
i.e.
Result.i=Function(ParentWindow, x.l, y.l, Width.l, Height.l)

I performed the puregdk install using the defaults directory settings.

My specs are:

Computer : Compaq Mini 311 netbook
Memory : 3gb
Processor : Intel Atom CPU N270
GFX : nVidia ION

Operating system : Windows XP home (32bit)
Language : English
DirectX : 9.0c
Screen Resolution : 1366x768

PureBasic Version : 5.1
DBPro Version : 7.5

Cheers.

Daz.
Blue Steel AU
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 03:24
i think he means

PureBasic Version : 4.51
as that is the latest pb as of now (unless i've missed a lot.. lol )

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
DazzaB73, is the exact error message "Unable to load engine core"? I don't recognize this error. Do you mean "Failed to load engine core"?

DazzaB73
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Mistrel,

Sorry for taking a while to reply. I do apologise - the error is indeed "Failed to load engine core".

On the weekend, I installed the beta on my home PC (also running Windows XP, version 4.51 of purebasic and version 7.5 of dbpro) and it worked perfectly.

So, it must be something specific to do with my netbook configuration.

I read your post regarding the progress with C++ wrapper. I have both Codeblocks/MINGW and Visual C++ Express installed on my netbook. If you decide to release a beta of the C++ libraries/headers I could test those to see if the same error is generated.

Cheers.
Daz.
DazzaB73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 11:21 Edited at: 21st Dec 2010 11:23
Hi Mistrel,

Just wanted to let you know I have just downloaded beta 2 and it is now working perfectly on my netbook. I can run both the pre-built .exe's in the C:\Program Files\PureGDK\examples\bin directory and when compiling source examples in C:\Program Files\PureGDK\examples\projects\purebasic\src directory.

Cheers.

Daz.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 11:36 Edited at: 21st Dec 2010 11:36
I'm glad everything is working for you now, DazzaB73.

Happy coding!

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 12:34 Edited at: 21st Dec 2010 12:35
DazzaB73, I had to make a last minute change to PureGDK beta 2. I'm very curious to see if this makes any difference for you when compiling on your netbook.

Quote: "If you downloaded a file 21,091,328 bytes in size (uncompressed) then it's the wrong one. Please re-download the correct file which should be 21,092,864 bytes in size."

DazzaB73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 14:09 Edited at: 21st Dec 2010 14:11
Hi Mistrel,

I downloaded the updated version of beta 2. I am now having mixed results.

While testing the examples (pre-compiled .exe versions) all worked except the following, which crashed:

basic3d-2.exe - no error message generated, just the visual studio debugger invoked.

When compiling using PureBasic IDE, the error is thrown at:
h.Lib-Core.pb
Line 197
Function(FastSync, UpdateAnimations, IgnoreSyncRate)

basic3d-4.exe - gets past the "loading" message and the initial scene displayed (including text which details the options) but then crashes after about 2 or 3 seconds. No error message - just visual studio debugger invoked.

When compiling using PureBasic IDE, the error is thrown at
h.Lib-PureGDK.pb
Line 386
Result.i=Function(DBString)

light-1.exe - the initial scene is displayed and then crashes after about 2 or 3 seconds. No error message. Again, visual studio debugger invoked.

When compiling using PureBasic IDE, the error is thrown at
h.Lib-PureGDK.pb
Line 386
Result.i=Function(DBString)

stereoscopic-1.exe - the initial scene is displayed and then crashes after about 2 or 3 seconds. No error message. Again, visual studio debugger invoked.

When compiling using PureBasic IDe, the error is thrown at:
h.Lib-Core.pb
Line 197
Function(FastSync, UpdateAnimations, IgnoreSyncRate)

I did a complete uninstall/delete of all beta2-1 files before installing beta2-2.

I hope that helps a little bit.

Cheers.
Daz.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
The earlier release of beta 2 used some debug code I was testing internally that I wasn't prepared to release yet, specifically for the problem you mentioned.

If you would please rerun the bin and PureBasic compile-from-source source examples again for for the new beta 2 and then the old beta 2 to confirm that this fixes the problem, I will correct this.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "except for the Fire demo which crashes upon exit"

Beta2 fixed fire demo crash upon exit on my computer. Cheers.

DcZee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2011 23:44 Edited at: 16th Jan 2011 02:35
puregdk 2.02 (latest one)
Your operating system (32-bit, 64-bit?) 32 bit
Your operating system language (US, FR/CND, JP, etc) US
Your processor, processor speed, and number of cores: amd dual core 2.6
Your video card make/model: Nvidia 9500
DirectX version (see dxdiag): dx 9c
PureBasic version (if you're using PureBasic): 4.51
DBPro: 7.5
Windows Media Center XP

I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling. Then tried running the batch files. I cannot run any of the examples. I load the example into PureBasic and I get this error for all db commands:

"db* is not a function, array, macro or linked list"

also, in the puregdk folder of admin/mydocuments/applications, the
"compile documentation.bat" file will not run. also the uninstall file in the same directory will not run. The other two batch files run fine.

Same problem I had before. It took me a while to get around to trying your suggestions from last time. Still not recognizing the db commands for some reason.

Well at least we know he ain't rabid!
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 10:26 Edited at: 18th Jan 2011 11:04
A working "compile documentation.bat" and the uninstaller are not included in the current beta.

Would you please zip up your PureGDK program files and app data directory and send it to support@puregdk.com so I can have a look at what is actually happening?

This may also be caused by the installer not requesting administrative privileges before installation. I've corrected this in the installer for the next release. In the meantime, try right clicking on the installer and select "Run as administrator". I suspect this will solve the problem.

DcZee
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Mistrel

I tried "run as administrator" but no luck, but it made me think that perhaps my firewall was sabotaging the whole process and not telling me, so I shut it off.

It was the "old firewall blocking the install trick". Everything is working fine now.

Thanks!!

Well at least we know he ain't rabid!
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Would you please explain what you mean by the "old firewall blocking the install trick" in detail? Perhaps I need to add an exception somewhere.

grapa
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Mistrel,

dbHideMouse() don't work, and if I'm on the borders of my Screen,
dbMouseMoveX() or dbMouseMoveY() = 0.

My System:
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
PureGDK_Upgrade-2.0b-3
PureBasic 4.51 (Windows - x86)
DarkBASIC Professional 7.6

greetings grapa
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 22:46 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2011 22:51
Disregard, post is moved to the other thread.
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2011 20:25
Your operating system (32-bit)
Your operating system language (Windows XP/SP3 - US)
Your processor, processor speed, and number of cores
Your video card make/model (NVIDIA GeForce 99500 GS)
DirectX version (DirectX 9.0c)
PureBasic version (PureBasic 4.51)
DarkBasic Profession 1.075

I also have DarkClouds installed, working with DBPro.

I opened and tried to run the DarkClouds example that came with PureGDK. Here was the error message:

Line 195: 'Structure', 'Interface' or 'Prototype' already declared: v2.

The h.Lib-PureGDK.pb is referenced by the error.

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2011 10:28 Edited at: 9th Mar 2011 10:29
Quote: "Line 195: 'Structure', 'Interface' or 'Prototype' already declared: v2."

Make sure that PureGDK 1.0 is completely uninstalled. You probably still have PureGDK.res in your PureBasic\Residents folder. I think this was not removed by the uninstaller.

PureGDK 1.0 was very invasive. If you can't make it work then try deleting the PureBasic directory and starting fresh.

azzido
Years of Service
User Offline
64-bit (Windows 7 SP1)
OS Language DE
8 Cores Intel i7 2,8 GHz with 6 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 460 SLI (tested also without SLI)
DirectX 11
PB 4.51 / PB 4.6b3

Hi,
i tested it on 2 Systems - both with 64 Bit Win 7 and on a VM win XP sp 3 direct x 9c - when i run the examples compiled already (exe files) then only the app box appears - without any content in it - i have checkt that the gdkengine.dll is present and the latest.

i also make an XP sp3 VM with a clean installation of DB + latest updates + PB 4.51 + gdk latest updates and try to compile the examples fot testing - same issue - only app box appear - without any content.

I tested this on my primary workstation with and without SLI. DO somebody have an idee why this happens? Is there a solution workaraound for it?

thx @ all
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2011 21:53 Edited at: 12th Jun 2011 21:58
The most recent release of PureGDK requires DBP 7.7 which is only available on the forum. dbSync() relies upon it which could explain why you have a blank screen:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=180294&b=1

Once the release candidate stage has been reached I'll add some sanity checks to the installer to ensure the correct version of DBP is being used. Right now it will accept anything.

Quote: "When I run the examples compiled already (exe files) then only the app box appears"

The executables are compiled, yes. But the engine is compiled on your computer after installation using whatever engine files you provided from the target DBP installation. Just because you have a "gdkengine.dll" doesn't mean it contains the correct version.

Try running this example. If it runs just fine and you can see the matrix grid then this would suggest that you are most likely using the wrong version of DBP:

http://puregdk.com/files/upload/d3d-callbacks-matrix.zip

azzido
Years of Service
User Offline
Thx for the fast replay.

okay - your example works fine - i think i have do something wrong with the installation - i have donwnloaded the release candidate 7 - DBpro - maybe i have installed it after i installed pure gdk - so on - i will totaly clean up my pb dbpro and puregdk installation and report back.

Ive i am right i have to install first the dbrpo 7.7 rc7 - then the puregdk - right?

so on thx for the information mistrel and *thumbs up* for the puregdk - i think this is much better than light wight ogre and pb - i also have leadwerks + pb - but this is a shame - no really support for pb - etc.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 06:31 Edited at: 13th Jun 2011 06:32
The PureGDK installer will copy these files to its own directory-- it does NOT reference the target DBP directory again after installation. This is why you must fully update DBP *before* installing PureGDK.

Please let me know if you're still having trouble.

azzido
Years of Service
User Offline
Nopes - after a fresh installation of pb + db pro with all updates + puregdk - all go fine and work. I also deleted the %appdata% \ puregdk dir.

Thx for the help.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 17:18 Edited at: 4th Aug 2011 17:24
OS Lang: English
CPU: Intel i3-540 / Dual core / 3.06 GHz
DX: 9.0c
PB: n/a

Encountered a compile error when using the sample framework(initPureGDK/simpleWindow) with VS 2010 Professional and a custom project. The Win32 API expected Unicode strings in some of the functions you were calling in the initPureGDK/openWindow functions.

Just thought you should know, I've since fixed it for my use.

EDIT: But now I've encountered another roadblock. Could you provide instructions on how to properly setup linker settings for PureGDK on a C++ compiler? I'm getting 'unresolved external symbol' errors for every single PureGDK command I'm using.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 03:57 Edited at: 5th Aug 2011 03:59
Quote: "The Win32 API expected Unicode strings in some of the functions you were calling in the initPureGDK/openWindow functions."

If any of those Win32 functions expect a string, then they are actually macros which will resolve to either ASCII or Unicode depending on your project settings. Did you inadvertently create a Unicode project by default?

Quote: "I've encountered another roadblock. Could you provide instructions on how to properly setup linker settings for PureGDK on a C++ compiler? I'm getting 'unresolved external symbol' errors for every single PureGDK command I'm using."

This is most likely caused by your project not being able to find the library source files to compile to object files. PureGDK is dynamically linked so there aren't any static libraries to include.

The 'unresolved external symbol' messages you are experiencing are telling you that your project is not compiling the library .cpp files which go along with the .h files you're including into your source code:

Notice how there are .cpp .h pairs there? You'll need both to be present in your project to complete the linking process.

For complete instructions for building a project in Visual Studio 2008 and 2010, see the documentation in the most recent beta (beta 9).

The walkthrough can be found in the documentation by navigating to:

PureGDK > How to > Basics for C++ > Creating a project > In Visual Studio 2008

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 01:54
dbDot(x, y, colour) - The colour var doesn't work. I've had to get around it by using dbInk(col, col)...

Warning! May contain Nuts!
Almus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 00:40
i am trying to compile some example with no succes

in purebasic i am getting various errors like:

invalid variable name (step . 1) in:

PrototypeC Proto_BT_SetBuildStep0(Step.l)
Procedure BT_SetBuildStep(Step.l)
Static Ptr0, Function0
If Not Ptr0
If Not GDKLoadPtr(@Ptr0,"BlitzTerrain.dll","?BT_SetBuildStep@@YAXK@Z")
ProcedureReturn
EndIf
Function0.Proto_BT_SetBuildStep0=Ptr0
EndIf
If GDKWaitFunction()
Function0(Step.l)
GDKCleanupFunctionCall()
EndIf
EndProcedure

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Almus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 19:31
i got another erro: ive compiled whitout errors, but programa cant start:

failed to load gdk engine

my specs:

windows 7 x64 ultimate
pt-br
amd phenom x2 3100
amd radeon 5670 1gb
directx 11
purebasic 4.51 x32 and x64 ( ive tested both version same error)

Attachments

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i am trying to compile some example with no succes"

You're right. Some of the PureBasic code being generated for recently added plugins isn't working right. I made some typos which I've fixed for the next beta. Thank you for reporting this.

Quote: "failed to load gdkengine.dll"

Please see the help file on locating the engine dll. There is also a video (for C++) which covers this. Your program may compile but you still need to tell it where the engine is for it to run.

Almus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2011 23:33
Quote: "Please see the help file on locating the engine dll. There is also a video (for C++) which covers this. Your program may compile but you still need to tell it where the engine is for it to run."

ive located the gdkengine.dll and put it on the same folder of my purebasic app (.exe) but when i trying to load it, ive got the same error, i am trying to put the gdkengine.dll on the system32 folder, syswow64 folder, on puregdk folder with no sucess

"failed to load gdkengine.dll"
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 03:27 Edited at: 12th Sep 2011 03:29
Instructions for setting up a project are in the PureBasic help file.. which I just realized is actually missing from the latest beta! The file included in beta 12 is actually a copy of the C++ documentation.

No wonder you were confused.

Here is a link to the correct PureBasic documentation. It contains instructions on how to properly setup a project:

http://puregdk.com/files/upload/puregdk_purebasic.chm

See the section "Compiling to the source directory" in How to > Basics for PureBasic > Fundamentals.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "dbDot(x, y, colour) - The colour var doesn't work."

Fixed for beta 13.

Almus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 05:48 Edited at: 13th Sep 2011 17:26
hm, my problem now is that my program crash when start, but i've compiled other gdkengine.dll without plugins and then it run fine, the problem is whit darkclouds, see the image of the crash log (c++ examples also crashed with gdkengine.dll with darkcloud and run fine without the plugins)

Attachments

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 20:43 Edited at: 13th Sep 2011 21:36
The crash log identifies the error occurring within the module "SimulSkyNoTBB_MD.dll". This module is not associated with PureGDK at all and I don't know where it comes from.

DarkClouds uses the module "DarkCLOUDS.dll". It's possible that you have some conflict elsewhere which is causing this crash. If you can't post a reproducible error then this is most likely a problem with your environment.

PureGDK is 100% compatible with DarkBasic Professional plugins. If you are experiencing a stability issue when using any of these plugins then this is something you will have to resolve with the author.

Passing incorrect parameters to a plugin can also affect stability. However you will have to first identify where this module "SimulSkyNoTBB_MD.dll" is coming from and what is causing it to proceed any further.

Almus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 03:27
@Mistrel

"SimulSkyNoTBB_MD.dll" is an dll of the Simul Weather system, Darkclouds.dll is just an wrapper for this system, if i remove it the program crash saying that cannot find "SimulSkyNoTBB_MD.dll"

see the log

Attachments

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
I have DarkClouds installed and do not have any "SimulSkyNoTBB_MD.dll" in the plugins folder. I don't know why you have this as a dependency.

I am using DarkClouds for DarkBasic Professional, the most recent 15th June 2010 release.

If you are attempting to use the DarkGDK version with PureGDK, this is not possible. You must use the DarkBasic Professional plugin. DarkGDK plugins are NOT compatible with PureGDK.

Almus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 13:21
i am reinstalling all from my tgc account , i will see if its works, thanks for the help
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 21st Sep 2011 00:54 Edited at: 21st Sep 2011 01:11
Hi, I'm trying to get more Matrix1 commands in PureGDK, so I added the necessary function prototypes in the pgdk-matrix1util.h header, and I added some code to the pgdk-matrix1util.cpp file, but whenever I try to call the function, Ptr won't initialise, so the function just quits each time. The code that I have is:

Is there something that I'm doing wrong? I'm using a GNU compiler, Dev-C++ IDE.

Edit: Also, I've tried both "OpenForWrite" and "OpenForWriteFn" versions of the function name.

Guido Italy
Years of Service
User Offline
I get this error when I use dbSprite(SpriteID,x,y,ImageID ) :

"dbSprite is not a function,array,macro or linked list"

why ?

Thank...
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 08:48 Edited at: 19th Jan 2012 08:49
Quote: "I get this error when I use dbSprite(SpriteID,x,y,ImageID ) :

"dbSprite is not a function,array,macro or linked list"

why ?"

For beta 13 this function was renamed to dbCreateSprite to be more consistent with other commands names and also had its parameters reordered to support automatic ID allocation. This was mentioned in the changelog.

See the PureGDK documentation if you're having trouble using a command:

Quote: "
int dbCreateSprite ( int x, int y, int imageID [, int spriteID] )"

Guido Italy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank !!
Vax Tracker
Years of Service
User Offline
Was using memblocks in a program, and found that the pureGDK CreateMemblock command when called without passing in a id for the memblock will occasionally return an illegal value for memblocks. Dark Basic only supports memblocks with id's 1-255 and i was occasionally getting values in the 600's etc.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 17:43 Edited at: 11th Jul 2012 17:45
dbSyncCamera(0); causes dbMouseMoveZ() to return 0 constantly.

Perhapse I'm doing something wrong, but if I have more than one camera I get multiple renderings of the scene. It's as if the back buffer is the same for all the cameras..... The 3D scene is layered over itself with each camera's view. Do I need to clear the back buffer manually? Or do I need to somehow assign different back buffers for each camera.

BTW I set the other camera to image, so it shouldn't be sharing the back buffer with the main camera..... Right?

The fastest code is the code never written.
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
You have to use dbSyncMask otherwise all cameras are rendered at once (and you rarely want that).

Quote: "Syntax
void dbSyncMask ( int maskValue )
Description
This command will set the engine to ignore certain cameras by comparing it to a bit mask. The mask is a 32-bit integer where each bit corresponds with a camera ID. If the bit is not set then the camera is ignored and will not be rendered.

The default behavior for all new cameras is for its bit to be set. "

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.61 + DarkGDK 2.0
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 23:33 Edited at: 12th Jul 2012 00:53
Here's the code:

I am using dbSyncMask() and I think I'm using it correctly.

EDIT:
I think I figured out the problem. int C2=dbCreateCamera(); was returning with the camera number of 22..... I think anything above 7 will not work correctly.
Well, that's another bug that needs fixing.

I also noticed my object number was 601. It's the first object I've loaded/made, so why would it not be 1?

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2012 20:16 Edited at: 14th Jul 2012 03:48
dbLoadEffect(),dbCreateCamer(),dbLoadImage().... There may be more. These are supposed to return the reference number of a free one. I get 22 as the initial reference number which, in some cases is invalid (like camera).

EDIT:
also
dbBackdropOff();//does nothing
dbBackdropOff() works for other cameras, just not camera0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 12:17:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 12:17:28