Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Resources and Express Edition

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2010 21:39
Im wanting to follow these instructions to add a heightmap to be complied in the exe

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=119287&b=22

Does it require standard or professional version? Im using express.

Thanks
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2010 09:46 Edited at: 17th Nov 2010 09:52
The express version can compile resources but it cannot edit them. I have tried with dialog box resources and menus, not with bitmaps, but I think bitmaps should work too. However, the "add - resource" menu item is greyed out and the IDE will not create the header automatically. So you have to somehow create your resource file (with external resource editor, I don't think you can write a bitmap resource by hand as I first did with dialog boxes...), then add the resource file as "existing item" to your project. Also create manually the header file (or maybe the resource editor will also save the header for you). Then it should compile. For editor I use this one: http://www.resedit.net/ and save the result as "rc" file. The "res" file is generated by the compiler.

EDIT: I don't know if there is any limitation on the size of the bitmap resource you can load or what you can edit with this editor. You need to test if it's suitable for a whole heightmap.
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2010 22:19
Thanks for the reply, I will give it a go and see if i can add it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-30 10:23:22
Your offset time is: 2024-06-30 10:23:22