Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / running programs on other pcs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how do i do so? i need to save them which i have i guess on my pc as executables but they dont seem to run on my friends i want to show them what ive done
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 10:08 Edited at: 20th Nov 2010 10:10
can you give some more info did they try and run it from cd or did they copy your game over to there hard drive are they using a updated directx ? what was the error your friend got when they run your exe the more info the better for us to help

Edit Also watch the double post in such a short time

======================================

GreenDixy Productions http://GreenDixy.Com
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 11:02
If your friends PC says "dll missing" just write down the name of the dll and put a copy of the dll (from your "Windows/system" or "Windows/system32" directory) in the same folder as the game executable. Depending what you have used there may be a few.

Try putting the contents of the attached zip folder in there to start with.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 11:50
Also make sure you include all of the media your game uses, it can't run without it. Your friends must have DirectX 9.0c or later for it to run, but thesedays that shouldn't be much of a problem.

TheComet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:24:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:24:26