Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / how does i structure my game ???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 15:59
can you explain me how to structure my game??
for example:
a folder for media??
one for source code ??
MPQC
Years of Service
User Offline
It doesn't really matter how you structure your own program. I tend to put images within folders, classes within their own folders, etc. It's all up to you to be organized, so organize it how you want.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 22:46
I have Media2D and Media3D folders, you can split up the media more if you like but this way makes creating the installer a little easier.

I have also recently stopped having my include/source files in my project folder. The main reason is that its easy to backup all your code files in one seperate folder rather than saving the project which contains Debug/Release folders and intelisense file which can be huge when you add it all up. You can clean the solution but I often forget and usually have multiple projects per solution. Also, when you make your release you dont need all the code files anyway.

Just do what makes sense to you, there are so many different methods, also depends on the size of the project alot of the time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-30 10:42:27
Your offset time is: 2024-06-30 10:42:27