Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Buying x10 this week, would like some info

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 23:11 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 01:00
Hey, I have been using x9 for about 5 months now. I love it and will not stop using it, but I am in the mood for a chamge.
I have been reading the mystic mod thread and that made me want x10 more.
I am not trying to start a flame war. I just want the x10 users to give me some pros of x10. Ive used x9 exclusivly so far so i know whats good about it.
x10 users let me know how the AI is, what mystic mod adds to x10 and anything else I should need to know before I buy. ( I am buying no matter what but i still would like to hear what x10 has to offer.

NO BASHING X10 please, I know what x9 has to offer so i dont need to hear it from x9 users

Edit: Also will the model packs from tgc work with x10

My name is Shakleford, Rusty Shakleford, I refuse to speak without my attorny present. I am Mr. Shaklefords attorny Rusty Shakleford, my client pleads insanity.
jmtmew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 11:19
X10 has all sorts of effects you can add to your maps such as fog, window refraction,water, ambience colour and water attributes like colour, reflection and movement. You can easily change any of the standard effects in a GUI in testing mode, to change things like the ambience, bloom and all the other effects including the ones I mentioned before. It has better graphics and a much bigger core library. You can set characters to enemy, ally or neutral using a user friendly interface and the ally system lets you command them during gameplay. I'm not entirely sure about model packs though I do think most of them work.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
one major point which will always be a huge benefit to x10 users is instancing.

this on its own allows you to have heaps of enemies with out performance issues. and thus no real problem to have hoards of enemies charging you. this is exclusive to x10 upwards as its in the o.s. and xp does not have the capabilities to do this.

then also run 2 demos and you will see somehow the graphics are sharp and clean and on x10, x9 is good now so it is close but before the x9 overhaul x10 was supreme. now its down to marginal differences and personal preferrences come into play.

when mystic gets running spot on you will have larger area of play and x10 can handle it. with instancing the area can be well populated too.

i bring this to the table with no bias just fact.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Jeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 11:51
I will say this only one time(you can listen me) DON'T BUY X10. If have little segment room I have 100-130 fps if I add 10 enemies, barrels and crates sometimes fall to 13. Don't buy. Use X9 I use now X9.

My Specs : CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-core 2.80 GHz Win7 Ultimate
Memory: 4 GB RAM DDR2
Grapphics Card : NVidia GeForce 210 1 GB
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
@ jeko well i dont have your trouble at all i can assure you i would not use it if it was like that so unless you got an early version and not updated to x10.1 and up to update 1.11 then maybe. but i can assure you my demo and my games do not do what yours does. but then it depends on if you really gave it a go. it has had flaws in the past but nearly flawless now.

why would a lot of us bother if it did what jeko says. but this is his opinion and his experience. but it also depends on your system as jeko may of had a slow graphics card or single core processor, i admit to get the best out of x10 need dual core min and a decent g.card.

i suggest wait on others opinions as well as mine and jekos to get a full view and what to expect.

and jeko im not having a go i am simply pointing out that i have not had your issues at all and that the guy asked for pros not cons, as im sure there are a lot of bad gossips out there who slate x10 that he already knows about the cons. the guy is getting it no matter what apparently, and im sure tgc would be delighted to know your bad mouthing their software on their site, i sympathize with your issues but if any probs with your x10 we would be more than willing to help with the problems and thats what the forums are about, to help and grow.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 22:40
Basically X9 and X10 are very close in terms of features now which was the point when TGC decided to work on X9 V117 as a migration version.

X10 allows more control of these features within the editor whereas X9 users have to delve into scripts manually to get the same level of control but the flip side of this is you can customise X9 more.

They can both produce a game at the end of the day but if you are just having fun by all means get X10 and enjoy its usability. If you are making a serious game and want lots of customisation and support stick with X9.

Oh X10 has much better water than X9 (at the moment anyway) if thats something you really care about.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2010 22:38
FPSC can make games...>.>

I reject your stereotype of Wisconsin and, in fact, live in a city.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:48:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:48:14