Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Looking for a Map Engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but were using the GDK .Net to make a new game engine. We have everything except the map editor. An we dont need alot of code for the map engine part. Just need to "barrow" some of the code.

We grab Orge but were still uncertain if it will work well or not. We also looked into Hammer. Which by the way never do that lol the Lic. for using it is really expensive lol We also looked at minecraft or what every that thing is called. Its free but uses tin blocks an were uncertain if it would support importing of 3d models. So if you guys have suggestions on whats a good free map editor engine. Please post. I just need something basic but easy to edit an use or migrate into our engine. Thanks.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
If you're writing your own engine, you're going to want to write your own map editor to take advantage of your engines features.

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Well yeah but I was hoping someone had some pre written map engine open source I could use as a start. Or at lest give me general help when I needed it. I think we decided to barrow code from Orge since its open source. An kinda mesh Dak GDK Net and Orge togethier. An mix in our own code as well. But if anyone has better suggestions Im open to ideas. Geting new model support other than just X files will be the biggest plus for my self. An having the ability to make massive terrians with real shape. Thats basicly what were trying for on map engine side.
danjo
Years of Service
User Offline
not off to a good start are you!
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Were doing fairly well on the project currently. An I think my partner solved are map editing issue finaly. So we hopefully will start writting the engine soon. But for now were still planing it out on paper.
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 11:17
Does gdk import dbos, if so there is a new program for designing levels, I think its called dark basic world editor or creator

Poloflece

Poloflece, not to be mistaken for polofleece, polar fleece or polar flece. But I like to go by Polo or PFG, SO GET USED TO IT!
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
I think you can make it important anything you want i mean literly building the sourse code our self. Thanks Ill look into that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:09:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:09:44