Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Invaseous: Rise of the Workers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 00:07 Edited at: 24th Nov 2010 00:09
Storyline:

The year is 2050, mankind has made many new breakthrough in our quest to travel at the speed of light. On June 1, 2050 astronauts discovered a new planet about 35 light years away from earth. They reported no intelligent life but found several new metals containing powerful alloys. The strongest of the metals was named “invaseous”. Named after the idea it could be used to explore and invade new planets for further discovery. The metal contains a highly radioactive material giving nuclear fusion power shuttles the ability to travel beyond the speed of light.

Quickly the planets resources went into commercial production and several private enterprise companies began to setup mines on the planet. Earning them huge profits but the days are cold and the nights are even colder. An the miners lately have been having problems keeping up with expected production. In order to increase the production, you were sent in to “evaluate” the workers. However, some of the workers decided they did not like your forms of motivation and began to become physically violent. Threaten to murder you In your sleep. In order to protect your self, you ordered a robot for security. But the workers decided to create their own protection.

Using the remains of a dead worker, they created a robotic cyborg they call “Tron”. Tron was originally programmed to only attack those who act aggressive toward the workers. However, on November 22, 2052 a meteor storm disrupted Trons recharging process. An now Tron has become aggressive toward all humans, leaving the workers to fend for their self against your unethical ways of motivation. Lately, Tron has been spotted in the mines attacking anything in site. To avoid bad public relations, you have been ordered to eliminate all miners and destroy Tron. But make it look like an accident, after all mines collapse all the time.

Type:Multi Player (4)

Genre:Sci Fi Fansty

Notes:
I created this game basicly to test my lightmapping skills. After alot of input and useful information from others about my previous creation "Zombie Boxing". This creation takes place below ground in a mine shaft on another planet. However, I wanted to keep it very simple. As you walk and fire your weapon, you can see the tracks on the ground for the mining carts. However, no mining carts our in game. This is to imply the idea that the workers have stopped working or production as slowed down due to your unethical treatment.

I plan on making a short single player version at some point, going more involed with the story line and how you will attempt to escape murdering the workers. But Im not that far yet. However, the multi-player version is created and will be up for testing soon.

Side Note:
The orginal name of the project was and will still probly remain named "space Invaders" Implying were (humans) are invading this planet and sucking it dry of its resources.
xhogan89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 00:36
:S why low graphic?
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Runs smoother, besides dont really need high gfx for it. Its mostly pitch black unless your near a light source.
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello My Friend

Wow your story has more improve and design are bit improve and lighting are bit improve too.I suggest you too change lightmapquality into 32-50.

Tips

Open scifi stock media.Try search the box and put it into your game.I dont want only train track in the game.

Use V1.17.It has good graphic like bloom effect,depth of field and many more.

Hello.There is my pics.And nice to meet all modeller,designer and many more
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I been wondring how do u take advantage of the bloom feature in v17?
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you mean the advantage of V1.17?

Features
Bloom Effect
Depth Of Field
Dark AI
Ragdoll
Particle System

And Many More

Hello.There is my pics.And nice to meet all modeller,designer and many more
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
No I ment I have v17 but was not sure how to use some of the new features.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:22:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:22:44