Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Childrens Game: Quest for the letter A

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 05:25 Edited at: 25th Nov 2010 05:29
Storyline: Someone has taken the letter "A". Who could it be? Ohh no, I better ask around an see if anyone knows were the letter "A" went.

Message 1

Message 2

Message 3

Message 4

Message 5

Message 6

Message 7

Message 8

Message 9

I have not started on making the levels yet but I wanted to share my simple idea with everyone in hopes that others will make kids games as well. Not decided yet on the weapon the player will get.

Ideas and suggestions would be great if you would like to share. Just note I wont be changing or adding to the story line. Just simple improvement ideas please. Thanks

Edit:::
me and my wife reviewed the story, i think i need to correct the spelling and grammer a tad opps lol So what do you guys think?
Heroefol
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 06:25 Edited at: 25th Nov 2010 06:27
..and next game is for letter B ..
No, seriously, this is against the rules.
Please update the first post, post some screenies of the gam.. oh c'mon read the rules please? Otherwise this will get locked.

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600 x 120.
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 06:41 Edited at: 25th Nov 2010 06:42
Indeed.

That being said... you got a lot games going on...

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 07:14
im gettick sick of this..

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 12:55
You already know the rules... follow them.
Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 13:07
Why? that is all i ask why!

Web designer available for freelance work
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Those are screens. Those are the messages what will appear when u walk into the trigger zones. Ill get more screens up as things move along. Not sure if Ill do the abc's but just wanted to share the concept. Don't see any kids games posted, so figured id start the trend. I think for light mapping, Im going to attempt to get it to accept a Sun. Watched a tut on how to get the Sun placed.
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline

Note:The current lightmap acting as the sun is not set correctly and the sky is not corrected yet in these images. But as you can see the ingame messages work. My wife still has to do the voice acting aka telling the story. I thought it might be better for children to hear the story told by a women rather then a man. Just sounds better I think. Anyway this is it so far.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 00:56
Quote: "Those are screens. Those are the messages what will appear when u walk into the trigger zones."

The screens need to be from in-game. Not the content that will BE IN the game. If that was the case, I could post any old picture as long as I said it was going to APPEAR in the game.

The game looks not bad, but it's a bit bleak looking for a kid's game.
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 00:57 Edited at: 26th Nov 2010 01:18
Ok now im running into a small issue.The light map is darking the chars, I need them to bright and colorful.Basicly if you look at the baker previously, he looks good in the light. Do I just need to move the sun again? Cause I moved it more centered to light up the villiage and now its all dark shadows on the NPC's

Edit:

Think it would help if I moved them away from the building a little bit? Might be were they are catching the shadow.

Edit:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ok I think I got it. Here is what I did to get this effect those wondering. I went up to level 15 and made 2 suns. Set them to 2000 and a yellowish collor. One on each side of the map. I think it gave it a very nice effect. Plus I was able to keep the tree house a little darker. So it makes it look a little spooky since in level 1 your going down below ground kinda.

Still needs some work. I plan on adding more mucshroom types. Basicly fill it with lots of bright colors. Target audeince is around 3-5 so the game must be very very basic.
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys Im having a issue with this texture. Keeps showing up like this:

I need the castle to show its texture ideas?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Remove the shader for it. That's my guess. Also until you are done with the making of the level I would remove the bloom that you have on.

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
allright dumb question how do i remove the shader?
Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 19:15 Edited at: 26th Nov 2010 19:16
It's strange how you want to teach a small kid the words that begin on the letter A,yet you barrage them with all this text to read

Contact me in Skype,name- nejcplan
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "allright dumb question how do i remove the shader? "

Simple goto your setup file and edit this line:

Quote: "postprocessing=1"

to this:

Quote: "postprocessing=0"

Also Mark has made a better bloom shader, look for his adaptive bloom shader.

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 22:26 Edited at: 26th Nov 2010 22:29
Awsome thanks for the reply and insight. The setup to clearify is FPSc engines setup file correct? Then once I complie the game just reenable it?

Edit:

Side note/question. This will not effect my lightmaps correct? Also minor question related to this game. Ambence level suggestions? This is designed for children 3 and up. I would set the light level to 5 or 10 but its a kids game. Do you think having it really dark with monsters poping out might scare them a bit? Maybe 15 or 20 ambence? Ideas?
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Little Update:
Everything is working correctly now thanks to everyones constructive posts to help finish the project. The only thing that remains is the voice acting.
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, yes you fixed the screens but PLEASE read the rules first next time. Anyway. The title is sort of unimaginative, as are some of the screens, especially seeing that the object of a childrens game (or any game for that matter) should be to capture the imagination. I would suggest just loading that empty space with intersting locales.
EX: A water fall from a mountain, swampy pond with old broken house in the middle, creaky bridge with gigantic flowers around it, that kind of thing.

And I'm not sure what the gameplay would be on a quest for the letter A, but brutally slaying monsters with an array of cruel looking weaponry might not fly, but I could be wrong.

GBG Out
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Dec 2010 04:15
Make sure you have voice acting to go along with the text-messages or kids will be lost as to what to do.

I am Southern, and I love Grits. Feel free to ask me what grits are if your a yankee
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
The great thing about this is they dont slay any monsters. Well twice. But I think if I remove the blood it might be acceptable. An my wife as stated will tell the children the story. Speaking of anyone know how to turn blood off just for one game?
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
That is simple to. Just remove " decal1 = blood " from the characters fpi. you can also remove the blood from the bulletholes to insure no blood or just remove the bulletholes image altogether.

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2010 02:29
looks good man. might need to try and tone down the grammar a bit. use simpler words. especially since it is for youngsters.

signatures are dumb.....
idk why....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:50:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:50:22