Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DB or DBPro? That is the question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have always longed to make games.

I have looked at DB for sometime and have come to the conclusion it would be worth its cost.

Now for the ultimate question DB or DBPro?

First question: Can I upgrade my DB to DBPro if I find it neccessary later?

Second question: Is there anything (i.e. type of game or specific thing) that would require me to have DBPro or is it just additions to a language to ease use of complicated tasks.

Third question: I plan on making some fun, but simple games. Am I an idiot for just wanting to buy the DB and DB Tutorial bundle deal or should I save 50$ in the long run and get DBPro off the bat.

Fourth question: This one has been gnawing at my brain. The site says that DB is shipped to every country in the world. But they only list the currency forms. I live in Canada. How do I pay? Is that the $ on the price (I assumed it was American) If so can I buy it with Canadian money?

Thanks for any help in advance!
koshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2003 05:17
1)You can upgrade from dbc to pro http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=order
2)yes and no dbp has things to enhance you game like shaders, effects and uses the full power of directx9, i dont have dbp but you can probably make the effects yourself. dbc doesnt limit you to what type of game you want to make, i think both are good for the price
3)im not really sure its up to you, but i would probably buy pro, because more people have it so more tutorials and help, its still being updated, and you wont have to buy it later on.
4)/

hope i helped

"Hello this is the suicide hotline, please hold..."
http://www.rovokaa.tk/ -
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2003 13:20
Quote: "Fourth question: This one has been gnawing at my brain. The site says that DB is shipped to every country in the world. But they only list the currency forms. I live in Canada. How do I pay? Is that the $ on the price (I assumed it was American) If so can I buy it with Canadian money?"

That should be sorted out by your credit card company.

DBPro is faster, slightly easier, has a better interface and loads of new features. I think it should be the defult choice now for any customer, DB can be slightly overwhelming at first

c:/dos
c:/dos run
run dos run

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 03:59:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 03:59:50