Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Importing everything in FPSC to Dark GDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 13:45 Edited at: 26th Nov 2010 13:46
Hi there,
Hello, just asking whether is it possible to load everything from FPSC to Dark GDK? like characters,doors etc well I was able to import my static FPSC map to Dark GDK. Someone from my thread here:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=171963&b=22 said that he is able to load dynamic object from FPSC to Dark GDK. I can no longer reply to that thread because it was already locked nor email that guy and I already use the search engine, the reason why I want to import it is because FPSC is far unstable and I can customize the fps in Dark GDK which is great! but I still want to use FPSC as my main engine because it is easy to learn and Dark GDK as the builder.

Well I'll be thankful to any help

Thanks in Advance!
binsky
Years of Service
User Offline
That person would be me. Yes i figured out how to load dyanmic objects from FPSC into DarkGDK. It was quite simple and only took a few hours of browsing the FPSC source. Below is my attached project. You should be able to figure everything out.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2010 05:23
@binsky Thanks a bunch man! just what I was looking for
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 10:59 Edited at: 30th Nov 2010 17:04
Quote: "That person would be me. Yes i figured out how to load dyanmic objects from FPSC into DarkGDK. It was quite simple and only took a few hours of browsing the FPSC source. Below is my attached project. You should be able to figure everything out. "

Good job.

Quote: "That person would be me."

Anyway, that code does not the trick unfortunately, it's pretty good start tho ... Anyway you first need to check all the fpe files needed, because without that you wont be able to load any model the texture tho is in both fpe and ele. I have tried it many times, never succeded, I will check if i still got the source somewhere, otherwise i will upload a part of the dbpro source wich is needed to load everything up. Anyway, lights and player start can be read quite nicely through ele files, also the pos and angle of all objects, but do you want to load any model up you would need the fpe file. Also you need an exe that indirects to your " engine " after everything has been loaded up and the textures and models are transformed to dds and dbo , i have received one from a friend KNXRB he provided me one as i cant really handle dbpro.

Anyway, talk to you guys soon.

@Matt: Why aint you on lately? Have you been operating silently in the dark, without telling me?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:05:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:05:41