Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I have bought DarkClouds and can not get it to work.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 09:12
I download and install DarkClouds in my DBasic pro folder. It asks for DBasic Pro Activation Key (not the DarkClouds key). I have tried entering both, numerous times, and on two different pc's. It always says, that it is activated, but I can't find it. I run DB Pro, and it's not there. I check in Tools/plug-in manager and it's not there. There is however, a DarkClouds help file, and an uninstall icon, in a DarkClouds folder.
Techsupport told me to go to account settings and change it to "Never notify", reboot and reinstall . I tried that and it didn't help. I also tried downloading the free version of DBasic, Instead of my old version updated, and reinstalled DarkClouds. Still no luck!
Can someone please help me run DarkClouds?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 18:09
Darkclouds is a set of commands (a dll/plugin) for DBP not a seperate program.

Look in your projects folder, there should be an example or two (I think). If not let me know and I'll try to find a good example.

neon jellyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 06:46
I found the following Dark Clouds flight sim program, in a YouTube tutorial. It produces a still image of clouds, but won't move as it is supposed to, when you press the arrow keys and the "," and "." keys.
I am trying to figure out if this means that my graphics card is not good enough or whether something is wrong with the download as described earlier?
(The graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics with an Intel i3 Core CPU.
I looked for other Dark Cloud programs in the Code Base, but could not find any.)
Any ideas?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 14:01
Your spec is fine I think and I can't see anything wrong with the code but I'll try running it tonight...

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "time#=time#+100/216000"

What this line for? Should you not just use the actual elapsed time?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2010 10:14
Quote: "What this line for? Should you not just use the actual elapsed time?"

It doesn't work quite the same as you might think in DC. Time is worked out as a float where 7.0 is 7AM... 7.5 is 7:30AM etc.

neon jellyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2010 06:30
For some reason I am unable to move through these clouds. I have experimented with other Darkclouds code, I have found in the forum.

I get the same thing each time: A still image of clouds and no movement, no matter what.
What am I doing wrong?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2010 14:40
This line does nothing:

The integer 100 is divided by the integer 216000, resulting in an integer result of 0.

This code will do what you want:

neon jellyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 08:22
Problem solved!
I uninstalled DBPro and reinstalled it, (except, this time, not in a folder on the desktop) and it worked.
Thank You.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 13:46
Glad to hear it! Have fun

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:25:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:25:07