Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Object Rotation Using Mouse

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I have a crosshair in my game which will guide the players' aim. At the moment I am able to rotate the object (on the Y axis as it's the only axis I want to rotate it on) but it doesn't do it right. If I move the mouse left/down the object rotates anti-clockwise and the opposite for right/up.

Bascially I'd like to know how'd I go about making the object follow the mouse/crosshair exactly be it in a circle or when quickly moving back and forth from anywhere.

Here's my code.....apologies if you find it hard to read, I don't like having to retype code when I am experimenting.
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
What are you trying to "rotate"?

The fastest code is the code never written.
Cas
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to rotate my plane on it's Y axis so the nose of the is pointing towards the mouse pos/crosshair.
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. It seems to me you need to use

This next part you will have to figure out yourself as you may want different values. Also, the *100.0 above may need to be tweek'd.

The fastest code is the code never written.
Cas
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers mate, I'll give it a try when I get home. Really hope it works

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-28 01:17:50
Your offset time is: 2024-06-28 01:17:50