Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Recieving a 'failed to loadDBA'error since I updated to 1.075.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, all!

I am recieving a 'failed to loadDBA' error when I go to compile my project since I updated to DarkBASIC Pro 1.075. I am running a legitimate license, and when I deinstalled the program and reinstalled it to try to solve the problem, It didn't prompt me for any password information- it just continued to, well, not compile.

The actuall error looks like this:

Failed to 'LoadProjectFile'
Failed to 'LoadDBA'
Failed to 'LoadDBA'

all in a small window.

Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated. I tried looking over the forums previously, but couldn't find a thread that concluded with a fix- But I didn't look too long, I'll admit.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2010 22:16
Those errors look to me like you may have a corrupt project file.

Try the following to fix the problem (assuming you are using the new editor):
Rename the existing .dbpro file (doesn't matter what to).
In the 'solution explorer', locate the 'Untitled.dba' file, right-click it, and then delete it from the project.
Right-click on the project and select 'Import existing file'.
Locate your existing .dba file and click OK.
Select File->Save project as, then navigate to your project folder, name the project appropriately, and then click OK.

Now try and compile it again.

If you are using the original editor, then simply rename the .dbpro file, double-click the .dba file and then allow the editor to create a new project file for you.

FateBled
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, IanM, and thanks for responding- I'm easily frazzled by not-working things that worked moments ago!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the 'solution explorer'?

I should also mention that I've tried to create a new project and copied and pasted some of the demo example code, but to no effect- it's always the same error, and no compile.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 18:23
In the newer IDE, in the left-hand pane, you'll see a row of tabs along the bottom. There's one there labelled 'Solution Explorer' and it shows the source files that are attached to your project.

Can you send me a copy of the .dbpro and .dba files you are trying to compile and run - just zip them up and attach them to a new post - I'll then check them out to see if there's anything there that could cause a problem.

FateBled
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 21:23 Edited at: 8th Dec 2010 15:59
much appreciated, IanM.

EDIT: code removed.
FateBled
Years of Service
User Offline
have you downloaded the code, IanM? I'd like to remove the attachment, just cause I'd rather not give the code away to everyone who peruses the site.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2010 14:36
Yes, and there's no problem with the project itself.

About all that's left is windows security. Can you uninstall DBPro, and reinstall it somewhere outside of the Program Files directory to see if that helps.

FateBled
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all of your help, IanM.

It seems I was not running the program as the administrator- it seems to be working fine now. The only thing broken now is my pride!
nemo10
Years of Service
User Offline
I have same problem. When I try to load any dba files it can not run and I receieved Failed to Load DBA error.
My OS is Windows Xp.
I attached output log to this post

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
How do i run it "as the Administrator" ?

Is it even possible for this to be a problem with XP?

...since i'm the only one using the god damn PC, there is nobody else on it so i'm the only user.... the admin?

Why DB must me this sensitive about this? (if that causes this stupid problem on XP machines of course)

Anybody ever had the "failed to loadDBA" problem ON A WINDOWS XP MACHINE, AND SOLVED IT?! HOWWW?!?!
FateBled
Years of Service
User Offline
Quel, if you right click on the DBpro icon on the desktop, it should present you the option to run as administrator.

Although I agree, why this is a persistent problem I have NO idea.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:23:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:23:42