Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / how to useTree Magik and Plant Life with FPSC X10?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2010 03:23
I bought tree magik and plant life with fpsc x10 but i do not know how to export the trees/plants i made into fpsc x10. please help or tell me some information on what software i need

Sam
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2010 20:36
You need to convert your model to an FPSC friendly entity. To achieve this you need to search for the follow .exe file on the Game Creators website: MakeEntitiesFromXFiles.exe

You will then put your .x files and your .png files in your "user" subfolder of your entities folder. Run the .exe which you will put in the FPS Creator X10 folder. Follow the instructions. Then move your newly generated files to an appropriately named subfolder in your user folder (or where ever) such as "Mushroom_Large_01".

The reason for moving your files is to keep the user folder clean for future entity creation.

There several other ways to do this but this is probably the most direct path. I also recommend checking out Entity Workshop V.2
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2010 20:43
Also...when you get more comfortable with FPE files you can simply keep some templates around that you modify in Notepad. However, you would also need to generate your own .bmp files...so that you have a visual representation of your entity in the FPSC entity browser.
Problems With FPSC 1 15 003
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2010 06:47
hmm i had exported the files from "plant life" and have got a .x file and a .png file. i import the .x file into entity creator and it does not remotely look anything like a plant. i also cannot find a button which allows me to import my own texture. MakeEntitiesFromXFiles is confusing considering i cannot import my model to it assumes that my plant is a door.
the help is nice though[quote]lifes a garden... dig it

Sam
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2010 17:14
I'm not sure if I know Entity Creator but you may want to try Entity Workshop. I have gone from Plant Life to Entity Workshop dozens of times with no problem and the interface is very simple.

In case you are referring to Entity Workshop, the texture button in on the bottom panel and looks like a paint roller.

Honestly though, the easiest thing to do is to take your .x and your .png, place them in a subfolder of your entities folder, copy an FPE file from an existing static entity (one that you know works), and simply replace two lines of text.

Actually...here...just use this and replace the .x file with your file name, and replace the texture with your texture. Make sure all your names line up and drop into FPSC.

;header
desc = lily_01

;ai
aiinit = appear1.fpi
aimain = default.fpi
aidestroy = disappear1.fpi

;spawn
spawnmax = 0
spawndelay = 0
spawnqty = 0

;orientation

model = lily_01.x