Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Simple Example of Ability with Cooldown.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2010 12:48
This is my latest craze...... I was super late starting the horizontal and vertical scrolling contest, so I am continuing it on into the new year......contest of one.

I really am enjoying this with 2D graphics, I've never realized how fun and challenging this project would be for me !

Anyways, here are some of the latest things I've added:

Menu screen added to title screen with animated buttons that zoom as you hover the mouse over them.

I added an image/sprite# table to show which sprite numbers, and image numbers, I'm using throughout the program. ( organization )

I added a movement speed boost ability to the character. This is designated on-screen by a cheetah, and the letter Q key is used to activate this ability. This ability is active for 10 seconds ( counts down on screen ), then it has a 35 second cooldown ( total of 45 second cooldown...also counted down on screen, but I start with 35 after active time wears out ).

check it out, learn ? from it, and use it if you want !

later all,

jeff c

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
It's nice so far. What will be the style of the game? I suppose there will be some enemies on those platforms, things to collect?
OceanJeff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2010 11:14
I only have a few limited free to use graphics, but I'm searching for more. !

I have a few ideas in mind...

Mostly I am interested in improving my skills at programming graphics effects, and making something that would otherwise be boring...like attacking...look exciting !

And stupid little things, like background animations, etc.

I really want to move to 3d, but haven't had a lot of success in that area...but I'm working on it.

later,

jeff c

P.S. I had thought of something Gauntlet style with generators that produce the bad guys, and you have to fight your way through, killing all the generators to clear the levels.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-28 01:45:09
Your offset time is: 2024-06-28 01:45:09