Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with tutorial #1...error message...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just obtained my copy of dbpro and have downloaded the tutorials from the website here.

I started to work on the first one, "screen scrolling techniques" and I get an error:

#100008: Parameter for 'GET IMAGE' do not match 'Image Number, Left, Top, Right, Bottom' at line 15.

Line 15 is:

get image 1,0,0,800,600,0

I thought maybe I typed something in wrong, so I loaded the completed project that came with the tutorial and found that I get the same error when I go to compile.

I downloaded the 5.1 patch, but I can't get it to work right, it doesn't seem to work.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Don
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2003 01:10
Are you on the latest editor update? Could be the editor, not the code.

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=ide

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
DonBecker
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the quick reply, especially with helping the new guy.

I'm a pretty experienced Visual Basic programmer, so finding dark basic was pretty exciting since most game-oriented programming is C++, and I don't do that yet.

I tried doing the upgrade for the editor, but couldn't download the first patch, I checked again and am downloading it now.

Stupid question, what's the difference between the editor and the 5.1 patch? I know what the editor is , so I'm guessing the 1.09 patch is for the IDE and the 5.1 is for the compiler?

Oh, and if it's not too much trouble, could you give me some advice on what a video card minimum and recommended should be? I tried the rainbow shading tutorial earlier, and my nvidia card didn't like that command all that much!

Thanks again though, and look forward to learning from you folks in the next couple months as I dig deeper into this thing...

-Don

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 04:13:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 04:13:31