Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / TGC in Edge magazine this month

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 01:19
Hi all,

I got my subscribers copy of Edge (129) a few days ago and was pleased to see that the Alienware compo we're running, along with screen shots of our new web site took up half a page in Edges "Out There" section at the front, page 20. For some reason they even included a screen shot of that Shadow of the Beast demo Frederic and I did.. weird.. but what the hell, it's publicity!

Some great content too including a look into Sega, some fascinating stuff coming out from there soon.

Cheers,

Rich

The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...
lagmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 04:10
ah cool, i'll have a quick peak at that when i pop into whsmith this week.

lagmasteruk - [url]www.lagmaster.net[/url] is alive! r.nash@ntlworld.com

Dark Snippet Pro V9 is out!!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 07:00
Good news, publicity is good, very good .

Just out of curiosity-- Edge is obviously a UK mag-- is it a general tech mag, a computer mag, a game mag, a development mag, etc...?

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 11:50
It's a little bit of everything I think, more intelligent than usual computer magazines - it's not platform specific, so it tends to look at the industry as a whole. One article might be about some halcyon Spectrum game, and another might be about Halo2, another might be an interview with some industry vet'. It is a cool magazine, feels higher quality than the usual Europress mag.

But £5 for a mag with no coverdisk....

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
The Edge magazine is a kind of Tech magazine with a really good layout. Pictures are colourfull, and well printed, and the content is mostly very interesting. It is often the first magazine in the UK to announce new consoles, and hardware. A very good magazine, but pricey.

Pincho.
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 15:39
Best mag there is, I've subscribed for years and it's worth every penny.

Fog
M00NSHiNE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 15:51
Id probably haved picked one up, but Im unsure now coz of the Gamemaker thing - they still havent replied to the email I sent to their support - 10 days later!!!

"It's amazin' what you can do with a computer and access to t'internet"
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 17:22
Fog - yeah, me too. I have nearly all issues bar a couple that I'm hunting on ebay. I also subscribe to the new gamesTM magazine which is probably my favourite at the moment, just love the massive retro section every month done in the style of Crash

Cheers,

Rich

The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 15:58:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 15:58:23