Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sparky's Sliding Collision Help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2010 04:09 Edited at: 24th Dec 2010 04:35
Hello everybody, I've been looking through all the documentation and samples given with Sparky's but I just can't seem to get anything but the most basic sliding collision working.

Here's my code so far:

Note: Obviously not all of it, just the setup and collision code it self.

This code makes object #1, the sphere I want to slide down the plains, fly upwards. I have no idea why. Can anyone help me out?

EDIT:Updated code to reflect latest attempt, sphere still flies upwards.

TheeLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 17:53
Why don't you just use the sliding code that is already written in the example? You can pretty much copy the whole function straight out of the example.

Your collision code looks all wrong for trying to imitate gravity and sliding etc...
Benjames8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 21:16 Edited at: 1st Jan 2011 21:23
Rotating the plain like F's with it, when I tryed your code I could get any type of collision until I took off the plane object's rotation. I try -90 instead of 270 and still nothing.

[at least I tryed] lol want an example of code using sparky's??

[]it is flawd, so I don't care if you use it, Im still just a noob anywho.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 21:30
Quote: "want an example of code using sparky's??"

No, I'll just use Bullet for collision.

Quote: "Why don't you just use the sliding code that is already written in the example?"

Because the example code is convoluted and dependent on the specifics of that example(I can't make heads nor tails of it for some reason). I can get normal sliding collision working, just not the player movement sliding collision.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:08:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:08:14