Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Loading 3D models for a vehicle selection screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Been posting a lot recently, as the due date is looming and I'm looking for those extra marks

This first code snippet I've come up with is to cycle through the different vehicle types. At present it works well, but I'm trying to have the actual model of the vehicle load and rotate as you cycle them.

I'm sure my code will make some of you more competent programmers weep, so I'll apologise now.

I found this demo included within the version of DB Pro I'm using, and though there pretty much the same I can't figure why mines not working.

Apologies, it's a the whole which works.

Is there anything that stands out such as the use of CLS, sync or backdrop that would stop the model displaying on screen?
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2010 17:43 Edited at: 25th Dec 2010 17:44
I would suggest loading all of the objects and effects prior to your main loop (maybe use a subroutine for that) and hiding the objects until needed. You would need to give the objects individual numbers or names. I would also use SELECT / ENDSELECT to keep track of the variable togglemode, like this:

Also, you need some sort of delay before it changes togglemode. Something like:

Hope this helps,

LB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:22:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:22:49