Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / sliding .X collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 08:40
I want to create a demo using .x format objects. I know kensupens code does sliding collision on .X objects etc etc. What I want to know is if You guys at the Game Creators actually plan to create an automatic collision system to do sliding collision. Namely, assign collision properties to an object - sphere, box or Polygonal and then have a friction setting 0 = no sliding with 1 = being sliding. Quest 3D has sliding collision in their engine, admitedly it is very different to DBPro, but anyway, are you planning to implement this functionality soon in an easy to understand format?

Also, when do you plan to release DBPro 6 and can you tell me more about the lightmapping side of things please.

Finally, will you provide a BSP compiler that actually works, I can't get mine to work at all! It crashes as soon as I click on compile . This is important to me as it was one of the features that convinced me to buy DBPro.

buy the PS2 Game Firewarrior (I worked on it as a level artist)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 03:41:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 03:41:12