Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Using a .x model from blender

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2010 16:39
I made a little house from a blender tutorial. It uses colors (not images) to paint the house. I then used blender to export it to a .x model. When I create it and show it in DarkGDK (VS2008) it is laying on its side, and is completely white...no colors. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, BRian
Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 04:20 Edited at: 28th Dec 2010 04:24
.X format is a limited thing. It should be using the colors but you may need to use the dbSetObjectAmbient Code also dbSetObjectAmbience. I too am somewhat new to blender. Still I have found a lot of what works and doesn't in it. If you were willing you could give me the blender file and I can see what I can do. Also if the colors are set to object it seems to have a different affect then if they are set to data. The image I have attached will show what I mean. Here is a link to a post on Blender of what I am doing. http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201416

P.S. The house is on its side because of how blender exports it you can move it by using dbRotateObject( object number , x rotation , y rotation , z rotation );

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 08:04
I found that exporting to x format alot easier with the beta version. Version 2.55 is the current release. The controls are different after version 2.49. Super3boy has some nice tutorials on youtube for the new versions now.
papabrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 16:22
Thanks everyone.
DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2011 17:28
Where do you get a .x exporter for the beta?
It would be awesome if I had that!

I'll get a new signature someday.
Years of Service
User Offline
Its already part of the Beta versions. They wanted to save space so some things have to be turned on in the User Preferences. I have attached pictures to show where. First go to user Preferences in the file Menu. Then in that click on the addOns button at top then you will see an export to .X just make sure that box is clicked. Note they have an exporter for it but not an importer. The pictures I have attached should help to clarify. Since You can only have one picture per post(stupid) I will put the first picture here then the next in the next post.

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.

Attachments

Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the Second Picture.

Attachments

DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2011 21:37
That would be very helpful except the User Preferences window makes the entire app crash every time.
Maybe this is something I should take to the blender forums?
I'll be doing that while I wait for someone to get back to me.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2011 21:47 Edited at: 11th Jan 2011 21:48
Honestly It has never done that to me. Though adding a curve and trying to have something follow it crashes mine. So yeah its probably a bug. Just like trying to have a object follow a curve. So you will probably want to post that on Blender and report those bugs if you can.

P.S. Is your name from a Muppets Movie?

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2011 22:59
Truespace 7.6 free version now has a Direct X exporter built in. I've always found Blender very fiddly but good for some things that other modellers can't do.

Warning! May contain Nuts!
DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 21:06
Quote: "P.S. Is your name from a Muppets Movie?"

lol Yes, the name was originally for a gamertag and then I expanded it to be my sort of internet name on almost every site.
More commonly though I tack GC(GameCreator) on the end.
This keeps it more unique.

Quote: "Truespace 7.6 free version now has a Direct X exporter built in."

I'll check that out, but I just got help from someone on the Blender site and activated the exporter. The guy said it was probably my crappy integrated laptop card. that made the popup crash. So, I opened the user preferences from the window select menu.
Thanks!

Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah he got things solved yeah.

RomuluS85
Years of Service
User Offline
have you checked your model isn't ACTUALLY on it's side...
i've never done models in anything but blender... now that i think of it, i think i remember having trouble directly exporting x from blender to darkGDK, i think i remember having to manipulate the x,y,z from the exporter... swap zy turned on says "y axis up"

also i've never used anything but uv maps, somehow feels right(-er).. hope that helps...
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 06:39
im still using 249 with the x export plugin presented here on the forum its the same exporter for 255. one of tgc forum member is its creator you can also export with the right angle. search for it at the 3D section. btw i dont use 255 cause its still in its beta stages. 249b is the most reliable.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-28 00:57:58
Your offset time is: 2024-06-28 00:57:58