Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / I have finally taken the plunge and converted to GDK from DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been considering doing this for sometime but have had reservations about bothering with C++ style programming again until I ran into a wall with DBPro.

The wall I ran into was with DBPro was that it just doesn't do nested arrayed "structs". When I use to mess with C++, nested arrayed structures were among my most favorite programming techniques to use in whatever I was playing with.

So that's why I went ahead and began the massive downloading, installing, and tweaking the Dark GDK, DirectX SDK, and VC++ 2008 Express packages. I finally got it all to compile and run the GDK demos.

So with that said, Are there any kind of limitations with the Dark GDK and VC++ setup? I know you all can't "tell the future" but it helps to know where the pitfalls are in advance.

Home is where my souped-up computer is...
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2010 18:12
Welcome to the world of C++!
Here's some of the more obvious things about DGDK.
~dbStr() causes a memory leak when used in ways unlike this->

this causes a memory leak:

~Check the header files included in DarkSDK.h(the file DarkGDK.h includes) to find some hidden commands.

That's all I can think of right now.

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 01:07
Also to have constantly on hand is this link to the C++ reference library:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/

Warning! May contain Nuts!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:05:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:05:04