Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / My Main.cpp Dissapeared?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey..I'm having a bit of issues here. I was working on my game, and I loaded it up this morning, to find that main.cpp is missing (which was the only file I was using. I planned to break it up for organization later on.) As far as I can tell, I seem to have every single file (all pictures, debug versions, etc) but no main.cpp. I do however have a backup about a week old, but there's a load of work that's gone on since my last backup. Is there anything I can do? I'm searching down a .exe decompiler, to see if I can have any luck with that, but is there anything else I could try?
DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 02:36 Edited at: 28th Dec 2010 02:37
I have never had this happen with vc++ before but sometimes when running an app not as administrator files it saves will not really be saved to the folder which it says they are being saved to. They are instead being saved someware in appdata. Also, you will see the file from a open file window run by the app, but you will not see it if you browse to the folder or if you try to open it as administator.

So, try running vc++ not as admin and looking for the file.
You can also search for the file in appdata. This is usually in the user folder, but it may not be visible.

You can also try searching your whole c drive, and searching your Recycle Bin for the file.

I'll get a new signature someday.
MPQC
Years of Service
User Offline
I went to the folder itself, and couldn't find the file anywhere. I'm searching through appdata, though I don't see anything related to to visual c++. Would the file name be the same? (If so, I'll just do a computer wide search, maybe it'll appear somewhere.)
MPQC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 03:03 Edited at: 28th Dec 2010 03:03
Doesn't seem I can edit, so sorry for the double post. I did a search through my entire computer, and after loading up a dozen main.cpp's (lol), none of them were mine. The one that pointed to where it was said it was invalid. :/

Ah whoops, found the edit button..Heh..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-28 01:20:06
Your offset time is: 2024-06-28 01:20:06