Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Disappearing Models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I load a model from DarkMATTER, it loads fine and everything. But then when the camera gets close to the model, it cuts off the closer part of the model, and eventually the whole thing disappears.
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 19:56
I think this is what normally happens with 3D models.. The key is probably to make sure the camera stays far enough away that this doesn't happen. If you think this is worse than the normal problem, perhaps post a screenshot.
The13thlego
Years of Service
User Offline
Well the particular model I'm using is that of an AK-47, and I was planning on making it as the gun in an FPS, so it kinda has to be close to the camera. There is a screenshot of the problem attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 23:49 Edited at: 29th Dec 2010 23:51
Having looked at your screen shot I thing Lucas Tiridath is correct.
I think your gun model is very small and that your camera is very close to it, less than one unit, and the parts of the model that are too close to the camera are being clipped.

Below is a code snippet illustrating this:

If I scale up all the sizes and positions by a factor of 100 then there is no clipping but the box looks the same size on the screen:

I'm only guessing this as I don't know where you've positioned the camera in your program.

You could also try modifying the camera range using the SET CAMERA RANGE command:

Try either scaling you gun model up and moving the camera back a bit or changing the camera range and see if that helps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:17:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:17:07