Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / from menu to game and back? moving object ingame? loading screen?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 19:12 Edited at: 29th Dec 2010 19:45
OK so i have a little problem. I know managed to get main menu and its buttons working BUT now i have few problems

1) Can i have a little code to get the game going from
mainmenu:
gosub loading
loading:
gosub game
game:
if escapekey()=1
gosub mainmenu

as simple "from menu to loading, from loading to game etc."
i have searched answer for over 3 hours and almost gave up :/
2) How to take control of object as an player object "cube? sphere? 3D char.?
3) oh yeah and TEXT code for Loading screen would be appreciated. thnx already
4) can i use the Script making thing which was ment for FPSC in DBPro?

Jp
Make perfect game without getting any error messages before its complete --> God Of Gamemaking
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 20:28
Hi. Not sure I follow you exactly so do say if I've got the wrong end of the stick on anything but my answers would be...

1. Not quite sure what you're after here. I would code it something like this using functions but I'm not sure if that's what your after.

2. If you want your player to be able to control an object, you're going to need to catch their inputs and make those inputs have an effect on the object in question. This example shows a user moving a 3D cube around with the arrow keys.

3. Would this do?

4. I don't use FPSC so I don't know what it does. Does it produce DBP code?

Hope this helps. Please say if I've misunderstood.
My games are free
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 20:53
1) well. i have the main menu already made, but it isn't "function type:/ but i'll try to do something with it thnx for that still
2) sorry, i didn't say that right im trying to get an box as player for an example in an 3D TPS game, so it should move in +Z Axel and -Z axel as it moves to right and left, not up and down, please oh and how to make it jump with space or smthing similiar
3)No it didnt work
4)it makes .fpi files

thnx still i was very unclear with writing that post

JokkeGames - Hello from finland
Make perfect game without getting any error messages before its complete --> God Of Gamemaking
My games are free
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 20:59
oh and i really should ask this before i forget
5) is there any code how to know in what x,y,z position the object is by that second (in-game i mean) like theres text on screen which says "Object at this X, Y, Z,"

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 09:46
2. I'm with you now. My code only needs slight modification for that, replacing the y movement with the z movement. See the modified code below.

As for jumping, I imagine there would be a number of ways of achieving that. The code below modifies my existing code to show an example. If works by flipping a jump boolean when you hit the spacebar and then if that boolean (bJump) is set to true, the program handles some automatic movement on the y axis until the jump is complete.

3. If that doesn't work, there are a number of solutions. I tend to use this rather heavy weight text over sprite algorithm but you should only really use this for one of bits of text like printing loading to the screen. Otherwise it will slow you down a lot. Code below.

4. Still not really sure about this but I think that you probably can't use them unless they generate dbp code which you could copy into the ide or something..

5. Yes. The commands are object position x, object position y and object position z. This example shows how you could use these in the example above.

Note the line

Hope this help. Keep posting if it is still unclear.
My games are free
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2010 18:43
oh yeah, thank you i have tested those codes, they work fine i'll test them again once im getting level collidin ready

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:16:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:16:07