Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Getting accurate game frame rate?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that DarkGDK has it's sync capped at 60 display frames per second. But what I would like to know is what the actual frame rate the computer is running at in the background. It would be a good gauge for me to know how much to put in a program and it's also a curiosity issue for me as well.

Anyone?

Home is where my souped-up computer is...
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 13:12 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2011 13:16
It's not capped any more. Since the Dark GDK 7.3 update (released one and a half years ago), there are commands to switch off vertical sync (dbSetDisplayModeAntialias or dbSetDisplayModeVSync), so you can have as high frame rate as your computer can achieve.

EDIT: P.S. If you want, you can separate display update and other game processing, by introducing a timer and only updating the display with dbSync when a certain time has passed. Then you can count separately how many "game loops" your program can do until one display update happens.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:09:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:09:33