Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBPro, DB, DarkGDK, PureGDK...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Now, as i am still fairly new to a lot of the software on this website, could someone give me a quick run down on which of DBPro, DB, DarkGDK, PureGDK i would be best to use if i was wanting to begin making games...
Any help is welcomed gratefully...
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 13:36
It depends on your experience to some extent. If you are new to programming I would suggest DBP.

The fundamentals are simple and there are a lot of people using it who are willing to help you learn.

DB is pretty outdated now.

The others are better if you have a little more experience but you would benefit from a good grounding in DBP anyway!

I program in C# and know a little C++ but still prefer DBP to DGDK but I haven't much experience of PureGDK to be fair.

dlannetts
Years of Service
User Offline
THANKYOU for your excellent answer , i think i will go with DB Pro for two reasons, they're appears to be more to it and as far as i know the greater part of this community uses it, so help shouldn't be hard to find if tutorials cant guide me...

Thanks again

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:22:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:22:12