Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Major problem with my game. Please help me!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2011 03:54 Edited at: 8th Jan 2011 10:52
Hi everyone!

You might have seen my previous threads about helping me with one of my games. I have spent the last 2 months trying to create a game for my college course. I know that I have asked you about stuff before and I am really sorry to keep bothering you, but I got stuck sometime ago and I just can't find a solution to my problems no matter what I do! My coursework is due to be given back on Monday and I really don't want to fail my course, as programming is something that I am truly enjoying!

EDIT:
After two weeks I have finally got my array of enemies to work!
They are moving from right to left, down to the bottom, but my player 1 move doesn't work... I guess that I have probably put the dbSyncOn(); button where I shouldn't and that might be the reason!

The next thing is the way I code. If you will scroll down to the spriteCollision function, you will notice that I use dozens of IF statements. They use a lot of space and they don't even do what I want them to do. I created an animated sprite and I wanted to change frame to more damaged with every bullet that hits the defence wall. Instead when a bullet hits the wall, sprite plays through 5 frames and disappears on the last one. I bet that there is a better way to write this piece of code, especially that I need the same thing for both players and it just seems to be very wasteful ;/

The last two things that there are left to be done is a game for 1 player or for 2 players (would you say that I should use the switch statement for that?) and a scoring board (I guess that I will use a string for that one).

Thanks,
speed-e

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2011 11:05 Edited at: 8th Jan 2011 13:52
speede's post is working now - LOL. When you get time visit my thread in the link below.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-28 01:11:00
Your offset time is: 2024-06-28 01:11:00