Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Drak GDK runs, debugs, fails to find exe

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings,

I already had Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition, Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition installed prior to finding the Dark GDK. Trying to follow directions I downloaded the Direct X SDK for Aug. 2007 in IE8, FireFox, and Chrome. It would not install on any of the downloads. I then tried the latest 2010 in all three again no luck. I finally was able to install the Nov. 2008 version of Direct X SDK from the FireFox download. After which I installed Dark GDK and it ran. It ran until following directions in the video for running it the first time said to run debug on 'hello world'. It came back with an error saying it could not find the dplayx.lib so I jumped on the forums to see if anyone else had this problem and what the fix was. In the post here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=118764&b=22 the fix is listed as getting the file and putting in place from the link listed. I did this and now when debug is used it comes back with the error that it can not find the 'Dark GDK - 3D Game1.exe' I have looked where it says the file should be and it is not there. I have attached the build log in hopes that it's something simple I'm overlooking.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2011 22:19
of course you will not find it because it was not generated, the errors you have are simple syntax errors, looks like they are in the sdks source, but you need specifically the august 2007 for it to run. no other will work unless you do extra steps that i wouldnt suggest. this is the correct link:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=529f03be-1339-48c4-bd5a-8506e5acf571&displaylang=en and remember, you should install in the correct order it is specified in the instructions

hi
Telknor
Years of Service
User Offline
I will try the Aug 2007 again but the last three downloads of it (one each IE8, FireFox, and Chrome) all failed to install giving the s1010 error. I looked for ways to work around the s1010 error and none of them worked for me.
Telknor
Years of Service
User Offline
I reinstalled everything and now was able to run the 'hello world' tutorial without problems. I do not know what was different about this installer for the Aug 2007 Direct X SDK. The other ones I had would install about 1% then stop giving the s1010 error. Your link it installed with no problem.

Thank you for the help in this matter.
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 20:04
glad you got it working!

hi

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:07:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:07:47