Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Newbie programmer looking for a tutor to help me learn DB Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 03:14
I have just recently started using the DB Pro language and am looking for someone who is willing to help me learn it. I know that alot of you out there would probably tell me to go out and buy the manuals from the website, believe me if I had the money to do that right now I would, but unfortunately all I have to work with is Premier Press's "Beginners Guide To DarkBASIC Game Programming" book in front of me and I know that DB Pro gets alot more in depth than what this manual covers. So if there is anyone out there that is willing to donate some of they're time to help me out with learning this language I would greatly appreciate it.
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 16:00
That is the same book that I started with years ago and has a lot of good info in it. Rather than trying to find a good mentor, I would suggest you go through the tutorials in the sticky on this board (here's the link):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=115633&b=7

They are dated and some links are broken, but they can give you some understanding. As you go through, make simple games that are easy and progress towards more difficult projects. If you run into trouble, search here on the forum to see if someone else had the same issue (most of the time you can find something to help). If not, you can always create a thread requesting help.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 18:33
As LBFN said, it's better to learn from tutorials . Somehow when you have a mentor, you always ask "Why?", "How" or "Can you help me with that?" And you don't search for answers, you get it all from your mentor, even for very simple questions, that when you learn yourself you would have answer in two seconds, you would ask mentor .

Myself, i was learning from some .pdf guide on Dark Basic Proffessional found on web (not an pirate, doh ). I read it all and after that i thought i already know much... but it's good to read it twice . And with time you just come on forums and start to ask more complicated questions . Getting answers for them let's you learn more that you could from a guide or a manual.

So generally, i recommend you, read your whole book, and in moments of it simply try to do something, something involved on what are you already in your book. Seeing that you can make it, will make you happy throught .

Good luck to your programming career !

OffTop: Dunno why i wrote so much, noone read it at all

Cheers!

~Kamac
I am a beginner and need help
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 10:20
kamac can you send me the web address where you found the .pdf guide for darkbasic pro? ic so that would be cool

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:32:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:32:48