Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / "Checking FPSC X10 Files For You"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 03:27
Hey guys.

I recently installed FPS Creator X10 on my computer, after coming of... well bad vibes from the original FPS Creator, to start I like X10 allot better, it isn't perfect, with allot of the same issues. But its pretty damn good.

I started making a level, last night. I woke up this morning hoping to continue, but sadly when I started FPS Creator all I got was a box saying:

"..Checking FPSC X10 Files for you.." Under the logo in the middle of the editing window.
And trust me, I let this run for 4 hours today, no luck, it doesn't let me do anything.

So what is the problem here? I purchased the program, installed it, played it once and know its not working Sounds like a waste of money to me.

But yeah any help is appreciated, as I really want to get this working again, as I was really enjoying my experience with this.

Admin of the Slipknot Wiki
Slipknot.Wikia.Com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 16:49
Reinstall it, just back up all of your stuff!

I reject your stereotype of Wisconsin and, in fact, live in a city.
THE GMoD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 23:03
Hey guys, I found a solution to this.

When you close FPS Creator sometimes, it feels the need to allow
"FPSC-MapEditor.exe" to continue running in the background, essentially preventing the game from loading again.

Just go into task manager, and end the process "FPSC-MapEditor.exe" and the game will load fine.

Admin of the Slipknot Wiki
Slipknot.Wikia.Com
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 12:09
ohh yeahh... i had that problem with the x9 too (all the time) but i think it's a problem with the relations of the explorer with the mapeditor.exe not a actual bug, if it's a bug, will the only one left to fix at end.

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 23:47:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 23:47:21