Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Installing Physx

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but I have a problem trying to get Dark Physics running with Dark GDK. Here are the details:

- All three updates are installed; all the header files are in the include directory, and all the .lib's are in the Lib/vs9/ directory. All up to date.

- I went to http://www.geforce.com/#/Drivers and found and downloaded the appropriate driver (I did this after trying to run the sample files)

- THE PROBLEM: Everything compiles fine, but when I run/debug, it shows me this message:

Quote: "The program can't start because NxCooking.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

NOTE: I have the Dark Physics .dll files right in the same folder as the Visual Studio Solution file.

Should I move the .dll's somewhere else? Should I reinstall visual studio? Please help, no matter how small your contribution. I am happy to answer any clarifying questions.

Thanks in advance!
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 17:47
Quote: "NOTE: I have the Dark Physics .dll files right in the same folder as the Visual Studio Solution file."

I presume you have NxCooking.dll there?
Is it in the same folder as main.cpp?

Third Dimension Artist
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, the NxCooking.dll is there. I found a way to make it work.

The way the examples are set up, you have many projects sharing the same Media folder and DLL's. For some reason, the DLL's and media aren't shared between projects, so I have to copy and paste the media and DLL's into each individual project folder.

Maybe it is obvious to a more experienced C++ programmer, but for beginners like me, they should probably include a Readme file telling you what to do, so users don't think its broken at first.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-28 01:15:53
Your offset time is: 2024-06-28 01:15:53