Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 00:09
I saw someone saying that, to make use of a database, one could make a .dll file.

How can i make it?
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 14:36
dll files ARE very good for manipulating programs exept that dlls are coded in C/C+. You could try making an external program with DB

Skid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 15:33
Specking of C ++ and dll's can someing please give my a VERY basic c++ code for a command called "test()". I just need to know the structer because i can't get it to run my dll's :S so i think its the way im codeing them

Skid
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 15:54
Erm, there are more languages available that can compile DLLs- not only C(++).

Ogres have layers.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 16:24
On my web site are the headers for my DLL's - you may find these useful.

What they don't mention is the fact that you need to export functions either using the __dllexport command or stick the function name in the .DEF file

Good news everybody! I really am THAT good...
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 19:56
@skid: are you talking about original DLLs or the new command DLLs? The command DLLs can only be used with a retail version of DBPro. Either way, I can build a VC++ project for you to build from (although I can only release the command one after patch 3 is released).

@empty: you're right, except that they must be proper original windows DLLs (no COM) so that rules out writing DLLs in VB directly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:59:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:59:02