Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help with moving array collision.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2011 01:04
Hi again!

I am still working on my Space Invaders game and I was wondering whether somebody could have a look on my code.

Basically I managed to get an array of enemies to move and shoot bullets down the screen. I must have done something wrong with the bullets starting point, as sometimes they shoot from the space instead of enemies location.

Another thing is that when I shoot a bullet as player 1 and I hit one of the enemies, instead of deleting the image it gets pasted (?) multiple times and it looks like a crazy party with a stroboscope.

Do you think that I have done something wrong with my collision check?

Here is a bit of the code, if someone could have a look please:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2011 15:24
Did you get this sorted. I noticed it has been here for a while...

Warning! May contain Nuts!
speede
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 21:12
Thanks for your reply Yeah the game is working now and I have passed my course for this semester! The only thing that still doesn't work correctly is the bullets spawning on the left edge of the screen if one of the enemies dies. It doesn't matter that much now, but if you know the solution and it is very easy to be made I am waiting for your opinion
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 23:02
Nice one on passing your course! I got it loaded fine, all the files okay. I don't know if I have a knackered GDK but I'm not getting any collisions working. I'll have to test my collisions or upgrade GDK and VS.

Warning! May contain Nuts!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-28 00:48:52
Your offset time is: 2024-06-28 00:48:52