Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Lighting Problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 05:11 Edited at: 18th Jan 2011 02:54
I can't get my .X files to react to light!

Please help! I'm happy to answer any questions. I've attached a basic DarkGDK program (straight out of the wizard) that demonstrates my problem. Anyone can understand the code.

Kudos to anyone that can get the pyramid on the right to react to light like the cube on the left.

Thanks in advance

(Post button not working. I hope I don't post this twice)

Edit: Updated the example file

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 13:13 Edited at: 17th Jan 2011 13:34

I had a look at it and added a few commands to get it to do stuff. For some reason I don't have a .x importer on any of my 3d modellers to alter the object properties.

EDIT: The dbSetObjectEmissive() seemed to brighten it up though. Ambient and Ambience is what got it working...

Warning! May contain Nuts!
Third Dimension Artist
Years of Service
User Offline
That works Ok for me. But it's still not quite the same.

I've uploaded a new example in which there is just a plain cube instead of a pyramid. I've used the code that WLGfx supplied, but as you can see its still not the same.

Also I've included more variant files of the cube. There's one with the normals flipped, and one with inlined materials. Theres even a 3DS.

Please please contribute to solving this problem. Why are my models so dark?

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-28 00:54:41
Your offset time is: 2024-06-28 00:54:41