Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Image problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2011 17:56 Edited at: 20th Jan 2011 18:00
Hello,
My game menu is formed by many images which are the buttons.
In there I have a settings section, which shows me the button for the languages and a 4 images to choose a color for your player. The problem is that when I click it shows me the language buttons but it doesn't show the color options. The whole menu uses .png files but the colors are jpg.
Also I tried hiding the background and the color is put behind the background,when I hide the bkg the color is shown. Also I tried changing it's extension with Photoshop. In the loading section I load the background and then the rest of the buttons.
An example of the code

What can I do?

Forward thanks.
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2011 15:15
Without a bit more from your code no-one would probably be able to help at the moment. That little snippet is fine (apart the missing '"' but that's probably just a typo). It could be anything from being files in different folders or anything...

Warning! May contain Nuts!
Yero008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 13:11 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2011 13:14
This is the part where I load the images and how I tried showing it.
If I hide the bkg sprite and set menu_on=false the image shows.
Also the rest of the buttons show when I press the button.
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 15:30
Apart from the double '//' that you've used, you could test if it's loaded the image using dbImageExist after attempting to load it. Point the debugger to the Image Exist command and run it you can see the return value then. If not then the file/location may have been typed in wrong.

Warning! May contain Nuts!
Yero008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 21:33
The Image Exist returns 1.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:02:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:02:24