Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / the gold ol' days:)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
remember the time, long way back when you guys tricked me into thinking you had hacked into my program files by giving me the link "c:/program files"? i started to panic and thought that everyone would start deleting my stuff i was so nieve back then... lol And remember my spelling? it was so bad you guys had a hard time figuring out what i was trying to say ah, the good old days
If it doesn't fit, bend it. If it still doesn't fit, break it. - Old Dwarven saying
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 01:42
=D ahahaha... yes actually i do -_- take that... and i used to say everyone loves the puff (except for shivan) but that wasnt that long ago... oh i got one... when my name was madman1003...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 05:33
hahaa...
was kinda fun to play on the more naive members
i think somethin' quite amusing was making a simple popup in C++ or VB that says something like "Program is now Deleting your Work!" and lists all the documents on the HDD with the work *Deleted* next to it, and then email it to like the whole College Class with the name "Win95Upd.exe"

Man fun to do things that required no programming skill at all

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 06:25
ya, that was great I thought... "What a noob", and now look at you

Raven Vegeta- Ya, there was this guy that I didn't exactly like, and he asked me for some game, I forget what. Anyway, I wen't home, opened up VB and created a fake install program, that pretended to install some fake files. About half-way through the "installation", it would return an error and close. Really though, it was copying another program onto a hidden location on the HD, and putting itself into the start-up files. Then, it would randomly pop up messages, then after a few days, it would disable itself. It was really funny, but what made it even better was the whole process was outlined in the "Eula" that appeared before the "installation". If he'da taken the time to read it...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 06:27
oh ya, and because it was a delayed reaction type thing, the guy never made the connection between the installer and the messages

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 06:27
And I jsut realized that I've probably given some wierdo an idea... better double check those DB Demo downloads from now on...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 06:30
hahaa ... i think we need to hear other peoples stories of these things
i never bothered to learn VB well enough to do that, but sounds cool

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Asheron
Years of Service
User Offline
hmmm I think that was me that did the C:\ thing ;D

Real time skinning for your models. PowerPaint3d coming soon.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 03:03
he he he

ahh old days & memories

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 04:14
gotta love it

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 04:36
yup =D

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:59:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:59:12