Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] 205 : N.A.N. [Development Thread]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 07:57 Edited at: 16th Feb 2011 00:23

Developers: Cross Hair Games
3D Modeler and Environment Designer Design_Runner
Genre: Fps: Action, Stealth, Investigation, Warfare

Story Line

Game Description:

Short: The year is 2020, the New Age Nationalist Government has taken over, with the concept of creating a perfect circuit of people, but to cary this through, they must destroy allĀ apossing civilians. And take control of everything.
Play as Emile Rokslov (Unit 205), a Geniticly altered, superĀ soldier assasin. Who was created to help the New Age Nationalists, eliminate the Rebel Unions leaders. The N.A.N have given you no reason for why they are to be taken out, and no background on the war. You were created to have no emotion and no questioning to orders, but something changes you. Find out the story behind the N.A.N all while keeping you emotions hidden from them, or you\'ll be marked a "Disabled Unit"

Longer:
The year is 2020, the New Age Nationalist Government has taken over, with the concept of creating a perfect circuit of people. But to carry this out everybody must co-operate. Through the use of brute force, most joined them, except a few remaining citizens who believe in their right. These opposer's have established the name, the Rebel Union. And they have built an underground network in war torn building were they take refuge, and fight the N.A.N every day, with the hope of someday winning back there freedom from those who want to control them.

Play as Emile Rokslov (Unit 205), a genetically altered, super assassin. He and his comrades of 'Freaks' are all units of a project named The Officials, and are used by the N.A.N. They're trained in the combat fighting and tactics of Ki-Hitso, a style created souly for his unit class. They were created to help the N.A.N eliminate the Rebel Union. The N.A.N order you on missions to assassinate alleged Rebel Leaders, without giving you background on the war, or why these men are to be taken out. This is because The Officials were created without a part of they're brain. This part controls there emotions and feelings, thus making them follow there superiors orders to a T. To destroy this part of the brain, while in the growth section, a needle would be injected into it, destroying it by the time they come out of their growth tubes. But Emile starts to question things, not all at once but slowly question's come into his head, Emile is confused (another trait there born without) about the questions and being confused, as he had gone 10 years without emotions (He essentially is ten years old, but because of the growth production, they come out of the growth tubes looking and physically in there 20's, and age much slower). You start trying to find the truth behind the war, all while hiding you emotions or you'll be marked a defective unit

Attached is Level to Level storyline, attached for those who don't like spoilers.
DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS IN ATTACHMENT

UPDATED STORYLINE Sorry, hadn't realized my updates to never worked

Screenshots

Game Cover Art

Jesse Marlet, in game Character with small bumb maps (Ambients level on 20 so you can see more detail

More too come as the game progresses more.

Development Stage: Writing and Planning

Changes Based on Critics :
= Not Started = Working on = Done

Full, In depth level to level storyline Level 1 + Cutscene, and Base storyline done
Screens (Level Design, Visuals)
Better Frame Rate
Level 1 Revision
Main Character Bio's
Custom Model's, and Media

Game Completion

Starting Cutscne
Level 1 80% done, adding dialog
Level 2
Level 3
Level 4
Level 5
Level 6
Level 7
Level 8
Level 9

Storyline Attached, updates to it will come

Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JaredxD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 10:42
You need screenshots, else this will be locked. Otherwise dont post till you have screens.

But it sounds like you have got a pretty solid story, so good luck with this.

Boom.
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 16:22
Ohk will post later today

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 16:32
If you don't post them now then your thread will be locked...
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 16:55
Oh.. Well I only have one of some characters thy might be included, I'll post those and them remove them when I get more

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 18:01
Why post a game that you haven't even started developing... It just makes you look unprofessional.

Regardless of whether you change it or not, I'm going to review the screen that you've just posted. It looks like it took under a minute to build - The room is empty and boring and the lighting colour clashes really badly with the segment. It's made all the worse by the excessive bloom - bloom does NOT look good, it's supposed to be a subtle effect, but there's so much of it in your screen that everything looks moist!

There are a lot of things you need to consider when developing a game, but they are overlooked in a lot of games on this forum - You need to think about the purpose of the room you make, match the lighting colours and populate it with entities which make for a realistic environment. Also, don't be afraid to break away from the generic "square" room because it just looks boring. Hope this helps a bit.

And next time, have at least half of the game completed before posting - you'll get more responses and much more interest.
Dark Evenger
Years of Service
User Offline
how do you launch fpsc on macintosh?
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 19:52
its on a mac?...thats cool.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 21:44
Frame Rate looks a little low, but when I run FPSC on my mac the frame rate is unbearable as well so I won't fault you for it. turn the bloom down is my main suggestion, and perhaps add some level detail.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 23:05
@ Butt monkey
Quote: " I'm going to review the screen that you've just posted."

Thanks for the critique, and your right, I did throw it together in a couple minutes just so this wont get locked.
And yes, I thought the very same thins about the screenshot.
But,
Quote: "Why post a game that you haven't even started developing... It just makes you look unprofessional."

This is a Development thread? Not a showcase. And stating i havent started to develop it is incorrect..
See here:
Quote: "Development Stage: Writing and Planning"

I state right there it is in development. And made this thred so the people will get excited for this game, and create hype for it.

But thanks for the Screenshot advice.
@ Dark Evenger
& EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Yes it is on a Mac, im running Windows 7 on Parallel's which allows you to have Windows on a Mac. It taks space from the Macs HD and creates a whole new OP System.. Meaning it is terrible for Gaming.

@ Bugsy
Yea, I get an average of 12 FPS on my Mac, but when other people play little games I've made on their computer, it runs much faster.

@ All

I'm starting the first level today so I can provide more, and better Screen Shots.

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 04:18
Edited first post with more screenies

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 23:59
Not bad. Too bright in the screenshots though. I also hate the storyline. Not that its bad, but its bland. It is a 5 minute storyline you can't make a game from. It should be about 10* longer. Then you must be sure to develop the story in the game, something many games on this forum don't do. I hope to see this excel.
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 00:21
@ Design Runner
Thanks! Yea I just did a brief description so it wouldn't give to much away, I'll finish up the full storyline and put it in an attachment so that for those who don't want spoilers don't have to read it.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 06:01
The screens are VERY bright in my opinion too. And I don't find the story too bad. Have you been playing Haze by the way? :-P

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 06:09
Quote: " screens are VERY bright"

Yes I agree, well there too bright in the areas where there is light, and not enough lights, I want the room to appear pure white and seem like a governments idea of 'perfect'. soldiers kinda like the ones in Equilibrium will be used btw. But yes think of something mixed of Equilibrium and the Start Wars : Attack of the Clones scenery in the place where the clOnes are made.
And no, what is Haze?

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 18:44
Quote: "
This is a Development thread? Not a showcase. And stating i havent started to develop it is incorrect..
See here:
Quote: "Development Stage: Writing and Planning""

I meant implementing the game itself in FPSC. Yes, writing/planning are stages of development, but really, there was no evidence of this other than a quick type up of the story. Just clearing that up.

Quote: "I state right there it is in development. And made this thred so the people will get excited for this game, and create hype for it."

And you planned on doing this by opening a thread with nothing in it? Sorry - not attacking you or anything. I just question your logic. ^^

Moving on, 9 FPS on the new screens? Those characters will be killing the framerate. An acceptable frame rate is more like 30 FPS. You'll need to remove characters if you want this to be playable. The screes look very cluttered with characters anyway.

Incase you're going to blame "your rubbish computer" for the framerate, don't. So many people use that excuse on this board that it's void. Evidently half the forum have bad computers, so it's them you need to make the game work on.
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2011 00:38
Quote: "I meant implementing the game itself in FPSC. Yes, writing/planning are stages of development, but really, there was no evidence of this other than a quick type up of the story. Just clearing that up. "

Ohk, yea, I'm working on the last bit of the games storyline that will be followed throughout the different levels.
Quote: "And you planned on doing this by opening a thread with nothing in it? Sorry - not attacking you or anything. I just question your logic."

I understand your not attacking me, your helping. But yes, I hope to create hype through this, by screenshots, and storyline for people to get excited about. But I realize I should've waited a bit when I have good levels to take screen shots of to make people happy.
I have ADD and got super inpatient about keeping it hidden.
Quote: "Incase you're going to blame "your rubbish computer" for the framerate, don't"

I wont, as its not a rubbish computer, just Windows 7 inside of a Mac. And thats what I'm getting used to, is low fps. But every game i make get 45-60 fps on other computers. Oh and its not the Characters, I get the same fps with a tiny level with no characters as I do with a large map with 50 characters. And same load time.
My computer seems only to work good with games only for load time, (a small map will have the exact same load time as a very large one) and bad for FPS.

Thanks for your posts and advice

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2011 01:15
Thanks! It was made by Anayar for me!
And yes lots of improvement will be made

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2011 19:12
Quote: "just Windows 7 inside of a Mac"

I have a friend who dabbles in that sort of thing. Sounds like a real headache.

Looking at the screens again, I'd calm the bloom down a bit. The light is very bright in that 3rd screenshot. I'd also scale the room down a bit - I know it's supposed to be big, but at the moment it looks very square and empty. Alternatively, fill it with some larger entities. You should think about adding some cieling supports and such as well as dimming the lighting a bit. Also condsider changing the lighting colour - keep it neutral, but stock white can be a bit bland.
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2011 01:08
Quote: "I have a friend who dabbles in that sort of thing. Sounds like a real headache. "

Oh boy it is. Setting it up is easy if you have a program called parallels but settin up the internal harddrives and all is annoying!

Thanks for your critique! I'm planning to do all of those, and alot more as the production cost of this game is $750...

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 22:28
Bump. Any more critics on the story line? Full level to level storyline is coming.

The main cost of production is a new laptop which I'm getting ONLY for Game making, specifically this game, and series.
The laptop is $620, thats $120 for other things, not including the price for Errant AI's new MP

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 22:44
Quote: "The main cost of production is a new laptop which I'm getting ONLY for Game making, specifically this game, and series.
The laptop is $620, thats $120 for other things, not including the price for Errant AI's new MP"

So because your production budget is that high, it automatically makes your game better than others on this board? Judging by the screenshots the game looks extremely lame. You have too many characters standing in a way too large room, and the game is running less than 10 frames per second. Also, I can see no custom media at all. It looks like something you threw together in two minutes just to get some screenies.

This may sound harsh but it's my opinion. Best of luck with this project.
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 23:14 Edited at: 30th Jan 2011 23:17
I have already dealt with critics saying the exact same thing. And explained the reason to them. This game is in Writing Stage of development so of course the screens are going to suck, as visuals is not the main focus of the development right now. If all you look at in a game development thread is screens, even before the final story is done (and I'm sure thats the same with many people) then for that reason I will make better screens even though thats not the part of the project I'm working on.
Quote: "This may sound harsh but it's my opinion. Best of luck with this project."

I respect your opinion and advice, thanks! And if I seemed mad sorry. What do you think of the game description?

Oh and
Quote: "o because your production budget is that high, it automatically makes your game better than others"
When did I EVER say that? When you say that about this it makes me look like someone who thinks there better than very one...

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 01:39 Edited at: 31st Jan 2011 01:40
Sorry but the whole thread makes no sense to me.

You post more than the mandatory screenshots, which all look like everbodys thrown-together first level and have ridiculous fps but you don't want comments because they are....what? placeholders? you admitted yourself they suck so why bothering to show them in the first place?

The storyline you presents is as run-of-the-mill as can get and thinner than paper. I mean "hiding the player characters emotions" in an FPSC engine game? sounds like an easy job to me...

So we have no screens worth a thread and no story worth a thread. And we have game cover art for a game that never will be physically sold in a store, featuring models that will never be in the game. But fortunately you told us what this thread is about: Quote: And made this thred so the people will get excited for this game, and create hype for it.

Well, in my case there will be no hype and excitement, I'll just ignore your WIP threads from now on.

BTW: Why is it, that none of the BOTB developers feature "games", "production", "studio" "development" or anything company-related in their nicknames and that they never do box cover art? Hm, makes one think.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 03:57
Quote: "The storyline you presents is as run-of-the-mill as can get and thinner than paper. I mean "hiding the player characters emotions" in an FPSC engine game? sounds like an easy job to me..."

The main character, Emile, still has emotions and it shows throughout the story but he has to hide them from ONLY from his leaders! NOT the intire game!

Wow. What ever, would a Mod please lock this thread? I'm sick of people ripping on me instead of constructive criticism, and if anyone is intrested about this game please email me and I'll share my progress with you. I'm not going to post any more updates on here so that people who don't appreciate my hard work don't have to rip on me. And don't think I just started working on this! I've been through trail and error making a base storyline for 2 months now.

So if you guys were trying to make me feel bad and want this locked, good job, you did it.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 11:29
Now you're being childish. Storyteller is making good points, and you just ignore them? I think constructive criticism can't get much better than that. It doesn't really matter if you worked two months on a storyline if it still is thinner than paper and you really have nothing to show of the actual game.

Don't give up on this just because of our negative comments.. we're simply telling you our honest opinion.
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 14:53
I'm not being childish, every body kept saying the exact same thing.
"Oh your storyline is too short."
That's because I tried to put as much info in it as possible without spoiling anything.
"Your screen suuuuuucks11!!!!!!1!"
that's because I'm not even in the visuals stage. I'm still finishing the level to level storyline.
" terrible Fps "
Thats only on my computer. On every other computer my games get a good Frame rate.

I have replied those exact same answer to the exact same questions many times. And it's kind of annoying, replying the exact same thing that many times.

Quote: "So because your production budget is that high, it automatically makes your game better than others"

What he said there was too far.

And no I'm not giving up, I'm just wanting this locked till the game is done to keep people from criticizing the exact same things I've dealt with.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 01:15 Edited at: 1st Feb 2011 01:18
Honestly, if you can't take any criticism, why bother posting? This is not a "look at my work and give me a pat on the back" forum, this is a Work in Progress forum where you show your work WITHIN FPSCreator - not your storylines, ideas, thoughts and opinions, but tangeable evidence that there is a game being developed. The whole point of this forum is to get your work criticised by other members, so when you post some screens, they will be criticised - it doesn't matter whether they are placeholders, ideas, basic layouts - they will be criticised.

You made a thread with nothing by a few sentences of basic story and some placeholder screenshots posted to keep the thread from being locked. Honestly, where does creating hype come into it?

Quote: "I'm not being childish, every body kept saying the exact same thing."

Then why haven't you fixed said issues?

Quote: "I'm just wanting this locked till the game is done to keep people from criticizing the exact same things I've dealt with."

You've dealt with them? Then where is the evidence?

Come on now. Take what's been said into account, regardless of who has said it. These are the people who are going to play your game at the end of the day and if they don't like it now, they won't like it later.

And if the crit hurts you in some way, suck it up. You said yourself you weren't childish, so take it like an adult and get on with your game.
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 02:07 Edited at: 1st Feb 2011 02:15
Quote: "this is a Work in Progress forum where you show your work WITHIN FPSCreator"

Yea, I guess I kind of posted this with out any evidence at all except a Game Description.
Quote: "Then why haven't you fixed said issues?"

I should have worded that better, as I have not dealt with them, only made excuses. I am sorry for putting things off, and am going to take this project on in a new direction. That new direction is to, when ever criticism comes in, I will fix what its criticizing right away and before anything else. And I will start with the Critizizm thats already been said.
= Not Started = Working on = Done

Full, In depth level to level storyline
Screens (Level Design, Visuals)
Better Frame Rate

I will also add a Criticism Section to the first post, showing my progress on it.

Im sorry for my childish behaviour and excuses. I will except any and all criticism and not make excuses, only fix them.
Thanks for setting me straight guys.

EDIT: I dont want this locked anymore

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 21:59
Updated first post with updated:
Storyline
New Developers
New screen of the Cloning Tube model

Any tips/ideas/criticism are welcome

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 21:30 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 21:31
New screens! yay!

SAS modern pack retexture.

Swat retexture

The cloner tube (last pic) is still very much WIP.

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 22:32
Looking good so far, man.
I'll be watching this for a demo, man.

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 22:36
Thanks! First Demo will probably come around after Spring Break, or sooner. So earliest it will come is Feb. 20th Latest March 10th.
I have the level to level BASE OUTLINE finished, just got to upload it in the first post.

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 03:19 Edited at: 11th Feb 2011 04:15
Ignore

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 03:04 Edited at: 11th Feb 2011 04:16
Ignore*

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 04:16
Bump*
Any Critiques on the base storyline?
Working on In Depth Story now, Level 1 done, working on Level 2.
Frame Rate fixed. Solution?
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6701573&Sku=A50-15649

Storyline in first post updated.

HazardStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Im sorry for my childish behaviour and excuses. I will except any and all criticism and not make excuses, only fix them.
Thanks for setting me straight guys."

You can't apologize over the Internet. It just doesn't work. This apology just makes you sound five years old.

On a better note, these re-textured models look very promising.

But the story is still very generic. Gamers these days rely almost wholly on an acceptable plot. You need to keep the audience interested, and the story is one way to do it.

the apocalypse begins... 20/1/2010
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 18:40
@ HazardStudios
Thanks for the critiques, any tips to make the story better?
I know that the first level is the most important in capturing gamers, and the last, for sequels, like this one will have. I need to change the first level around to capture there attention.

I will change the first cut-scene to have more storyline that will create questions in the players head, so the continue to play to figure them out.

Will update my first post with your critique suggestion in it.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 21:24
Quote: " Gamers these days rely almost wholly on an acceptable plot"

I thought gamers rely mostly on online play. And as much shooting at everything that moves as possible... only critics and what in FInland you call a "fiilispelaaja". I don't know how you say it in egnlish, but a straight translation is "feeling player" or something like that. Those people rely on story. But from what I hear of all the nerds around me, only few think about what the plot of the game is, all the others just want to go form point A to point B shooting as much stuff in the way as they can.

BUT! Even thou that may not be everyone's main attention, it's still a big point. Especially to gamers like me. "Fiilispelaaja". So I think that you definetly should make something good out of the story as in that being just the basic storyline, I don't think it's that bad. If you read almost every single plot here, they start with "infection started" or something like that. They're almost never original, just the way the infection happened may change.

I PERSONALLY think that this game can have alot of potential. You just need to tune your creativity to the max and make it happen Loving the retextures, great job! Keep on doing! I know where you're going with this, it's just not there yet. A game like this (how I have it pictured in my head) should definetly be story driven.
I have my email listed next to the profile button and all that, so if you need anything simple (huds, for an example) feel free to email me and I will try to find time to do that.

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 21:41
Metal Devil123,

Thanks man! Yes, this game will be in so many ways story driven. And the levels will include many diffrent play styles, from stealth, 'detective', and straight up beast mode where you destroy everything .

I was going to do a Zombie game, but I became mad at myself for a while for even thinking of it to many of them out there.

I think "fiilispelaaja" means something like having the character connect to the player, so they get attached to him and want to find out what happens next.

Thanks for your support, I just updated the storyline file in the first post, I changed the format of it, and added character bio's. The character bio are NOT complete, just a list of character names and a brief description right now, and still more names to be added.

I would love to have you make some HUD's for me, I'll need some like, the screen HUD, texts such as "Use to open", and other things as the game progresses. I'll email you about it.

Im working on the level design of the first level currently, so i can provide better screens and a better feel, of the game.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 22:05
Quote: "I think "fiilispelaaja" means something like having the character connect to the player, so they get attached to him and want to find out what happens next."

Yeah. Fiilispelaaja's are the gamers that can get so into the game that they feel like being a part of it, like being the character they play.

Quote: "I would love to have you make some HUD's for me, I'll need some like, the screen HUD, texts such as "Use to open", and other things as the game progresses. I'll email you about it."

Waiting for it But I'll be having a LAN party tomorrow continuing to the day after tomorrow, so I won't be responding soon.

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 22:07
EDIT:!
I added a quick, but very very important update to the storyline file. its a huge change to the story but a very given one, to help people relate to Emile.
Another girl Unit, name Kathryn, feels emotions like Emile's, they talk and share what they feel, and fall in love. But theres a major twist near the end of the game. Read the base storyline to find it out.

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 22:09
Woops, didnt see you posted, okay, email sent

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 22:17
Quote: "I PERSONALLY think that this game can have alot of potential."

Thats why I decided I would ask to join him. I have heard people say there are no new stories anymore. But they think upon the past. What they don't realize is if they think of the future, the sci-fi future mostly, you can make an entirely new story.

I'll post some new model pictures late Sunday most likely, to show some progress.

Quote: "You can't apologize over the Internet. It just doesn't work. This apology just makes you sound five years old."
I won't go there... but ya, just edit that out please. Thats like saying, "Just be a jerk, its just the internet". And then don't apologize.

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 22:49
Thanks guys
Level 1 50% done, new screenshots coming, and a video mabye.

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2011 00:27
Update
New Screenies, of the first room in the first level:

Video of part of the first level soon to come.

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2011 23:44
Updated game description in first post.

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 01:08
Sorry about triple post. But I just found out the updates I was making to the storyline attached in the first post didnt work at all and it stayed the same as the very first Storyline Attachment.
It is now updated and the one I would like you all to read. I also checked to make sure it worked this time.

HazardStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Metal Devil123

Todays games are becoming more and more cinematic. Take something like Mass Effect 2, for example. There are so many story-driven choices in the main game that all affect the outcome in one way or another. While I'm not saying that this should be included in this particular game (mainly because its not possible), I'm saying that games are relying more and more on the plot nowadays, as they edge closer and closer to films and television.

the apocalypse begins... 20/1/2010
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 19:44
@ HazardStudios
Yea, I noticed that alotwhen planning this game, I was having to include many citadels to explain storyline. I'm really excited to do the investigation level, as it will be a totally story level, basically a big cutscene that happens in order of the way you find evidence. Also it will be a massive pain cause I'll have to build the whole N.A.N. Head Quaters

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:46:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:46:43