Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How Do you Place A Background Beneath An Image?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 07:45
ok, IF these forums had a search feature i'm sure i could find the answer to this.

here's what i'd like to do:

i have a rotating image centered & filling most of the screen (it's my splash screen) but as this image comes into focus i currently have the background set to a "color." i decided to enlarge the image so as NOT to show any of the background but i'd rather show the image rotating about 'over' some sort of background (a sky, animation, etc)

how/what is the best way to place an image on the background, behind the image? and if so,,,,would it be possible to post a small snippet?

should i use a static image? what about spheres or something scrolling? is this possible in DBP & if so, how?

i'm asking for your profesional help

thanx in advance.
United We (Still) Stand
Skid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 11:01
Ok best way to do that is using make object plain and texture object commands, because you will be able to lay the background on a plain at say 0,0,0 then put a rotating plain at say 0,100,0. That make sense? i think there is a texture backdrop command as well that you could use but i can't be sure without going home and checking

Skid
CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 19:22
SKID:
thanx. i'll try it tonight & see what happens

United We (Still) Stand

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 20:25:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 20:25:58