Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / hiding object problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2011 22:22 Edited at: 28th Jan 2011 22:02
i usually try to figure things out on my own but this is really bugging me.

im trying to show only the objects in screen which shouldnt be that hard but for some reason it is and i cant seem to figure out why.

first i tried using ray casting to check if an object is in the screen and if so then show it otherwise hide it.

when that didnt work i tried using the object in screen command and thats acting weird.

never mind this post i fixed it
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 18:53
Contrary to the help files, the way OBJECT IN SCREEN appears to work is that the entire object has to be within the screen or it will not recognize it as being in screen (I'm using DBPro v7.5, and it was like the help file says in previous versions).

Pressing the 1 and 2 keys gave camera views that seemed a little weird, but I could see where if I had object 2 completely in the screen it showed it and if any part of it was out of the screen it was hidden.

fancy music
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 22:00
its weird because if the dbo objects weren't scaled then the object in screen command works fine but if they are then its weird.

anyways i fixed it so i dont need any more help for now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:30:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:30:00