Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Graphical Scripting

Author
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 15:56
Can this be implemented? Just an idea.

You'll still have the code to edit. But isn't an optional GUI event based system be good to implement? For example- 3ds Max- Particle Flow (Particle View).. or simpler like 'Game Maker'
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 16:06
You mean something like this?
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 23:46
Yes. Kismet is considered a 'visual scripting system' so something around those lines. And no, never been done with any of their products, so I don't think they will now Sorry!

Regards,

Max
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 00:48
Quote: "And no, never been done with any of their products, so I don't think they will now Sorry!"

Why not? Even if it may be true, I find that an absolutely stupid reason... that's not a reason at all. "Because they didn't do it before" isn't valid. If people never introduced new features and ideas, nothing would ever change!

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 02:25
Quote: "Why not?"

Time, they don't have anywhere near enough of it if they expect to make an 'April' release.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 12:28
Quote: "Time, they don't have anywhere near enough of it if they expect to make an 'April' release."

Nothing stopping them from adding it at a later time, now is there?
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 12:43
Nothing to stop anyone else writing their own either.

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 13:06
Possibly, but the licensing is bound to be pretty restrictive of what 3rd parties can build on Tier 1 or even Tier 2.

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 20:55
Quote: "
Time, they don't have anywhere near enough of it if they expect to make an 'April' release.
"

I'm not saying that it will get in, but I didn't like how he just shot down the idea.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 00:12
I like the idea! You won't see this from us initially as we'll be putting all our energy into making a solid, cross-platform monster of a foundation command set. What you 'might' see is some enterprising AppGameKit user create this kind of GUI layer in Tier 2 and export the resulting logic as Tier 1 source code. Having seen the amazing things the DB community has got up to in the last ten years, I am sure we will be beaten to it!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:42:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:42:54