Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Memory block

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 21:48
Before i go around the house trying every possible why of doing this i thought it would be better to ask if it was really possible.

Is it possible to have a ?.exe this a memory block and have its contents altered in a way that the next time the same program runs that information is still there ,without using external files.And being aboul to change size foe more data.
I hope it can cheers any help at all.
thanks Lo
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 03:05
Back when I used QuickBasic 4.5 I used to save passwords within the .exe of the program itself and it worked flawlessly (only because strings in code were kept as strings in the .exe) but when I tried doing it in Darkbasic Pro it messes up the .exe so it won't run after the .exe is altered. You can attach files to the .exe but they shouldn't be altered... especially if you want to add more data.

Just create an encryption routine and save external encrypted files.

kraftwerk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 13:03
Cheers Grog Grueslayer
I'm looking to have ??.wav sound held.
it look as though i will only be able to use external files.
thanks anyway

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:31:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:31:04