Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Bitter Fruit

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 23:53 Edited at: 30th Jan 2011 23:56
-Bitter Fruit-

Developer
Delusional Games

Story

In the game, you play in the role of Alexander Bellic. An smart teenager going to Music School, learning to play piano. He`s misery was growing every day, he was always unhappy and blue. He wanted a girl, someone who he would kiss and hug. But he was all alone.
Fate frowned upon him, almost smiling sarcastically. The emptiness in him was growing every day. Until he...
His friend watched all that sorrow in him, and he decided to find him someone he could love. So they chose to look on the internet.
And found a perfect girl for him. Clara Wilkinson, very beautiful violinist.
He was happy and shiny as the morning sun upon the Mayfair.
Next day they arranged the meeting, last thing he remembered after waking up from the first date is knocking at the door of her house and then darkness. What he didn`t knew while he was waking up in the cold dirty cellar. Was that the girl was a psychopath who was abused by hear Music Teacher in the past. And is looking for someone to play with her...forever.

Alexander is gonna play his swan song. And Clara is the following orchestra.

No seriously, escape the love. If you want to?

Description

Bitter Fruit wants to tell you a story. Nothing more. This is a puzzle adventure thriller almost without any enemies. Ending will depend only on you. And comparing to other projects on the forum this game is nothing. So If you dont like the concept or screenshots I will post next days. Please tell me that, I will be very grateful to hear comments and critics. So graphically, we`re not very good. But on the other side I`m a writter, Stefan has a recording studio, so we may make SOMETHING.

Here`s an screenshot of an early gameplay

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
H.P.L
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 00:38
The concept sounds great! I love seeing FPSC used for applications other than shooters. This type of game is tha kind that will help define videogames as "the new medium". I would love to see more people creating 'interactive fiction'. Great job keep it up.

http://disturbing13projects.proboards.com/
Making Monsters do Horrible things!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 04:29
Interesting Concept! I agree with D13!

I would have named the game "Bittersweet" instead of "Bitter Fruit"...but that might be just me!

Keep it up!

[the furniture in the early gameplay screen looks a bit overshaded though)

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
cmando
Years of Service
User Offline
I completely agree with Wolf.
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 13:04
Story sounds good as does the gameplay/concept.

But if i were you, i would lower down the specular map on the segments and entities.

And i know you are only beginning with this, but add more misc entities.
Like old paper or dirt on the ground and since it is a cellar, try to add more boxes and old stuff that people normally would put in a cellar.

And maybe a dirty mattress where the main character is supposed to sleep on.

And! Perhaps in a corner, some old newspapers which is a replacement for a toilet.

Anyway, i cant wait to see some updates.

"Fromage Cake"
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 03:33
This looks really innovative! I like the idea of this a lot

RAXMUX Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 13:51
Cool story

Will ceep a eye on this ...

ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 15:17
Interesting concept, will keep an eye on this thread.

www.thoughtwire.co.uk
Delusional Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 13:31 Edited at: 8th Feb 2011 13:34
Don`t think because of late responses my and my buddies stopped working on the project. I had to stop because my asthma started playing with me. So we now continued our project, First big thing we decided to do is to disable any shader added to static and dynamic objects. And force bond1`s film grain shader so the game will get an ``old`` style. The ``shiny`` one just wasn`t the right one.
I cant upload the image right now, I bought something from Steam and Its downloading upgrade or something so, my network is slow.

Quote: "And maybe a dirty mattress where the main character is supposed to sleep on.

And! Perhaps in a corner, some old newspapers which is a replacement for a toilet.
"

Thats actually a great idea.

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
H.P.L
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2011 02:40
Not bad!

Making someone's day a little better because of one of my models means a lot to me.
born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Good story.

http://bornforgame.webnode.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:51:21
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:51:21